Monday, November 8, 2010

Foundation In Prayer

I am so grateful and thankful for all of you.  I have really felt all your prayers the last several days.  We were hoping to be transferred back to Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital today, but it looks like it will take place tomorrow morning.  Adam and I enjoyed a peaceful day today, we read, listened to music, and cuddled up for a nice nap together, I told Adam it was going to be back to work tomorrow.  Adam seems so much better to me, and all his doctors here at Massachusetts General Hospital agree, that he looks so much better than he did on Friday and Saturday.

Mackenzie is still really enjoying school and her life out here.  She continues to be adjusting well, I attribute it to all your prayers. 

As I was having my quiet time this morning and then again when Adam and I had our devotion time this morning, "foundations" were apart of both devotions.  I know how important it to build a foundation on the Lord Jesus Christ, but one thing I have been learning through this journey is the importance of building our foundation on Jesus Christ, requires building it with a foundation of prayer.  Through prayer we create the most intimate relationship we will ever experience. I believe that prayer is a huge component to building a foundation on the Jesus Christ.  Prayer is simply cconversing with God, talking to Him, listening to Him, and being still in His presence. We have the freedom to share our thoughts and hopes...our feelings,  doubts, problems, and joys. Prayer brings life to our relationship with God.  Through having a steady foundation in Him and through prayer, I know I can ask Him for what seems to be the impossible and believe and know He has heard and His will, will be done.

Mark 10:27 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God."

Mark 11:22-24 "Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

Ephesians 3:20-21 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

1 comment:

**mArC** The Schifano Tribe said...

Excellent. Coincidently, I just posted a blog video on prayer too. Good stuff Amy. LOok forward to meeting you guys.

Blog Archive