Saturday, November 13, 2010

Finding God's Strenth Every Moment

Tonight is going to be a quick update...

2 Thessalonians 3:3 "But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you"  I believe God is strengthening Adam with every passing moment in this journey, he is strengthening his, mind, body, and spirit.  Adam had a busy day today, I got to Spaulding early this morning to get Adam bathed and dressed for his first day of therapies in a week.  I am so proud of Adam, he worked so hard today.  He started with occupational therapy with Becky, Adam did a good job, he definitely tried to engage, when she asked him to sit and hold himself up... but he was pretty sleepy this morning and struggled through the session.  No time for rest because he had physical therapy right after, where he seemed to wake up a little, Erin will be his primary physical therapist again, but she was off today and Kim filled in for her.  Adam did great, Kim worked on stretching Adam and he didn't mind (usually this is not his favorite therapy).  Then we got Adam up in his wheelchair, it was so great to have Adam up and around for a bit.  Next he had speech, Adam tracked and followed some pictures as she asked him to.  He was trying to say something and vocalized quite a bit. 

This evening, Adam was trying so hard to talk to me... it will only be a matter of time before he will talk.  He wasn't in pain, or in any discomfort and at one point I was trying so hard to figure out what he saying,... he reached for my hand and squeezed it continuing to try to communicate.  We did figure it out and he fell asleep right afterwards, from trying so hard to tell me that his toes were scrunched funny.  I asked the nurse to order a bed extender and that seemed to help.  Adam is so patient with me as I learn new ways to communicate and help him.

I am so proud of him, I love him so much and I am so blessed and honored to be this man's wife.  He deserves every ounce of honor and respect I can give and more... he's an amazing man, and I thank God every day for the gifts in my life... Adam and Mackenzie.  James 1:17 "Every good and perfect gift is from above" 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY, YAY, YAY!!! You are back at Spaulding. I am so glad. I have been away from my computer for a few days and have missed reading how things are going for you. I continue to trust Father for all of you. Much love, Marion Hansen

Blog Archive