Friday, November 5, 2010

Change Of Scenery

It's been a wild day today.  Adam woke up with a fever of 102 this morning, I mentioned yesterday I thought he might not be feeling good since his stomach has been so upset... anyway, he did awesome today in therapy.  In OT with Becky they have a special bicycle that you peddle with your arms, Adam did awesome and today he showed us that his right side was quite strong!  In PT with Erin he stood with her for quite some time!  He's getting stronger every day!

Adam had a rough afternoon, he suffered another grand mal seizure and ended up at Massachusetts General Hospital for a full work up of tests and observation.  Actually, I am currently at Adam's side in the emergency room waiting for Adam's bed to be ready on the floor.  He is being admitted for a minimum of 2 days for observation and until his blood results come back.  So far all his other tests, labs, and exams have come back normal!  He had a CT that actually shows improvement since the last one, his labs all look good, his xrays are normal!  We have to wait 48-72 hours for blood cultures before we know if he is fighting another blood infection, which is why they are keeping us here.  The already started him on a strong course of antibiotics, and he is finally resting now.  I am praying that Adam will continue to check out fine and that we will be admitted back to Spaulding in time for therapies on Monday.

I am so thankful for the family that Mackenzie and I are living with.  She has been able to stay at home with them while I have been here with Adam today.  Mackenzie and I are living with a couple named Lester and Sharon... Sharon and her husband Lester opened their home to Mackenzie and I and we have been so blessed by their generosity. 

God is so faithful at continuing to provide all that is needed every moment of this journey. I am so thankful that today He has prepared the path and all that has been needed. We are trusting in Him tonight for rest, and in His plans for Adam's recovery, we are trusting that He will use all of this for His glory.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear Adam is not feeling well. I admire your spirit and faith Amy and will say special prayers for all of you tonight.
Diane

Karie Garner said...

I'm so sorry Adam's back in the hospital. I know how stressful that can be, having nurses come in all night and not much rest. I'll be praying tonight for this all to pass quickly and you can be back at Spaulding by Monday. Praise God for how well Adam is doing otherwise! Praying for quick healing and that this will not set him back at all!!

Karie

Anonymous said...

My Friend, I will trust with you, for Adam's healing and being back at Spaulding Monday morning. I, too, am grateful Mackenzie is able to stay where you guys are living. Father knows all things from end to beginning. Much love and BIG hugs to you, Marion Hansen

Blog Archive