Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Another Day At MGH

Psalm 91:9-10 "If you say, 'The Lord is my refuge,' and you make the Most High your dwelling, no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent" Tonight I am declaring that the Lord is my refuge and I am so grateful and thankful to have a refuge. 

Today has been a long day.  Adam is still at Mass. General Hospital.  Adam has 4 teams of doctors rounding on him, general medicine, neurology, infectious disease, and neurosurgery... it seems like they are all having difficulties communicating, because once one team signs off on Adam another one decides to try another test.  So far all Adam's tests have been negative, he has not had another fever, but they don't seem to be convinced that he's not fighting an infection.  The only thing that changed today is one of his final CSF samples that they took on Friday, today showed that it had elevated protein levels in his CSF.  This does not mean he has an infection, it just means they need to figure out why.  So that's what we are waiting for, we are waiting for the "why" to show up in some other test.  The neurologists ordered an MRI for Adam and he is scheduled for it first thing in the morning, so hopefully by tomorrow afternoon we should have some results.  Please keep praying that Adam is infection free and that he will make continued progress forward.

Please also pray for Mackenzie tonight, she has been home sick today with some cold, flu bug.  She spent most of her day sleeping it off and hopefully by tomorrow she will feel much better.

This afternoon while in Adam's room, I remade my list of all the things I am grateful for in this journey, doing this periodically throughout the journey really helps me to keep my focus on Christ and to continue to praise him for all the miracles He has already preformed, and for taking care of every single need and every single detail.  I worship a mighty God who has shown no bounds in His love for me and my family.  Amazing is His love.  If any of you are struggling I encourage you to make a list of what you are thankful for in your current circumstance, you are bound to find joy.  Also, Ask God to make His desires your desires. Pray for God to replace your self-centered desires with His own desires for your life, which will result in greater good. As a result, you'll experience peace even when you're suffering. This is something that I too am praying, I am praying that God make His desires, my desires, because I would not choose this, but I can see that He has purpose for our current circumstances and He will and has used it for good, I am continuing to trust in Him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thanking God for his process in healing your family - and continuing to pray for Adam's 100% recovery!!! I also continue to pray for peace for your family. You are an inspiration to so many!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my dear Amy, You are a joy and a gift to me. I thank Father for what He teaches me through you. I continue to trust Father for you all. Hugs, Marion

Blog Archive