Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Whirlwind

Boston was a whirlwind of a trip.  It started with the fact that I had four hours of a plane ride to process everything that has been happening so quickly (this was the first time I had time just to ponder and think about everything) it was enough to make anyone feel weak.  Sunday was a difficult day, trying to focus on finding a place to live and processing the amount of change our family has faced in the last several months.  Stacy and I viewed close to if not 25 apartments in 30 hours, we haven't found anything yet... but God is good and he is faithful. 

Most likely Mackenzie and I will be going into hospitality housing offered through the medical community in Boston.  This will allow us more time to find the right place to call home.  I got a phone call from one of Adam's co-workers at Microsoft yesterday, he and Adam were on the same team before Adam transferred out to North Carolina.  Anyway, he and his wife transferred to Boston and are living really close by Spaulding.  He and his wife were kind enough to offer Mackenzie and I a place to stay until we find something, so again... God is so good.  Thankfully we have options.

We were able to tour Spaulding and meet Adam's doctor and nursing manager.  It was nice to sit down with them and get so many of my questions answered.  I am excited for Adam to be given this opportunity to make more gains in his recovery.  According to Adam's doctor at Spaulding, "he has so much potential"!  This was so great to hear!

As I laid in Adam's bed this morning I couldn't help but reflect on how far he has come in such a short amount of time and how thankful I am that God has spared me my man.  I am so blessed.  I boldly ask each of you to keep praying for Adam's FULL restoration.  I ask that you all pray for Adam, Mackenzie, and I as we transition to Boston.  Just a reminder to please join us this Sunday OCTOBER 10th 6:30-8:00pm  Night of prayer for Adam's recovery and a time to worship God for all that He has done, is doing and what is yet to come.  This will be held at our church Triangle Community Church 4216 Kildaire Farm Rd, Apex, NC 27539.  If you are not in the area please consider joining us by setting this time aside and praying for Adam's recovery from wherever you are.

I am praying tonight that God will wrap Adam, Mackenzie, and I in His loving arms.  There is so much to be done and it's very hard to be packing our home where we shared so many wonderful and sweet memories.  This is very difficult.  Romans 8:16 &17 "The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory."

I have been honored and blessed that so many of you want to help.  I appreciate all the emails, facebook messages, text messages, phone calls... but it's been a bit much for me to handle lately.  So I am sorry if I haven't responded yet... my really good friend Debbie is helping me organize everything that needs to get done and we have a whole team of people devoted to "Mission Up Root".  If you would like to know how to help please contact Debbie at debhagan@nc.rr.com   We are so blessed to have such amazing friends and support, thank you so much for all you have done.

No comments:

Blog Archive