Monday, October 18, 2010

Took A Detour To UNC

What a day... a day that started with a whirlwind of thoughts and to-do lists to get everything in order for tomorrow's transfer to Boston.  Instead, this morning Adam's temperature went up and the doctors at WakeMed wanted to tap Adam's shunt (which means extract some cerebral spinal fluid and test it for infection) to make sure the infection he had been fighting the last couple of weeks completely cleared his shunt. So off to UNC we went. 

Adam is still doing great, he's alert and responding, so that's a praise.  He was also admitted onto a floor room and not ICU which is another praise!  The doctors here want Adam to get to Spaulding as soon as possible so they ordered Adam's tests and xrays to be done STAT.  If, I mean when, Adam is cleared there is still a possibility that we could be discharged to Spaulding tomorrow.  We are just waiting on results right now.  I will try to post tomorrow as soon as I know something, but it will just depend as the day unfolds.

Please pray for Adam's family, I talked with him mom briefly and she told me Adam's dad is in the hospital with his Myasthenia Gravis.  Please pray for Cookie, my mother in law, this has been a hard day for her with both Jack in the hospital and Adam being transferred back to UNC.

I was reminded today that I am not suppose to understand everything that happens in life, I am not suppose to understand why we came back to UNC and temporarily Adam's transfer to Spaulding is on hold.  That's why God gives His peace that surpasses ALL understanding.  It's when we don't understand, his gives peace that surpasses understanding.  I am holding onto the promise that we have been given peace for the journey and grace for the moment.  I have posted this verse many times, but I am always needing the reminder... Philippians 4:7 "and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Praise God! Continuing to trust in His ultimate plan.

Anonymous said...

Amy,
I decided to take a break from reviewing the set list for this Saturday's Benefit Concert - and found my heart in my throat as I read the blog. Why? I was just reviewing the second set (when I will be singing with the band) and the lyrics for the first song are "I am not skilled to understand, what God has willed, what God has planned.. I only know at His right hand, stands one who is my Savior.. I take Him at His word and deed.. Christ died to save me this I read.. My Savior loves, My Savior lives - My Savior's always there for me - My God He was, My God He is. My God He's always gonna be !!!" PTL for all the He has done, is doing, and will be doing !! Adam and your entire family are sitting in the hands of the Father !

Bill

Blog Archive