Saturday, October 23, 2010

Thank You For Your Prayers!

Thank you all for your prayers!  Psalm 30:5 "weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning."  Joy came for me as God opened a door and once again provided all that was needed... Someone who has been a part of this journey (and has asked to remain anonymous) has offered their home to Mackenzie and I!   The best part about this is it's in an area with top rated schools and I will be able to register Mackenzie for school on Monday!  Matt and Shannon have been so generous in opening their home to us, but the schools weren't great and I didn't feel comfortable settling on a not so great school. (Thank you Matt and Shannon for all that you have done.)  I was concerned about signing a lease when I'm not sure how long we will be here and for now until I have a better idea of how long we'll be here this will be a perfect situation to allow Mackenzie to attend school, yet I will still be super close to the hospital!  Praise the Lord for answered prayers!

Adam had a good day today, it was restful and not a rigorous as it is on the weekdays.  During occupational therapy today Adam reached for a tennis ball that was sitting next to him, this is huge because, this is the first time I saw him go after an object intentionally.  He has amazed me this last week with how much head control he has.  He has been holding his head up with no problems.  He has been consistently turning his head to the left and will bring it back to center, but he is very sore in turning his head to the right so please be praying for that.  Despite the wind, it was a great day here today and I was able to take Adam for another walk.  We enjoyed watching boats in the Charles River, and the trains come into the North Station.

Adam rests every afternoon after therapies and to allow him to get maxium rest, I have been taking afternoon walks.  I find that this is good time for me to walk with God, literally speaking.  I walked all around Beacon Hill today which is a cute part of town very close to the hospital.  I walked till I got to a park and I sat and had a chat with God, some tears, some laughter, but sweet time with the Lord.  I I find myself craving time, I find that I can't get enough of Him.  I truly do find that on the days when I seek Him with all my heart, it is then that I find Him surrounding me and even holding me in His hands.  Sometimes I envision that I am walking down the street holding my Father's hand while I am sharing my heart, thoughts, dreams, hopes, and tears.

I have cherished my evenings with Adam, when I return from my walk I have been climbing in bed with him and reading to him.  That is my favorite spot to be is right next to him where I can feel him.  We have a king size bed at home and we always joked that there was no need for a king considering we always are snuggled closely together, and we would joke that we could probably fit on a twin... it's been proven, we definitely fit on a twin and most of the time comfortably.  I look forward to the day where we can share our bed together again and in our home, but until then... Adam will have to continue to put up with Mackenzie and I climbing in bed with him, sometimes both of us at the same time.  I love my family, and I can't wait to see what God has planned for us.  Adam's FULL recovery is in process, please continue to pray for his FULL recovery. 

1 comment:

Wanda said...

Amy,

I am so happy to hear that God has answered our prayers for you to find a home near the hospital but also in a good school district. Thanks for sharing!

Blog Archive