Thursday, October 14, 2010

Prayer

There has been so much going on the last couple of days that my head is spinning... thankfully God doesn't give us more than we can handle, because that's how I know I can do this, He apparently thinks I can handle it.  Even though I am exhausted and there is still so much to do.  I will do my best to remember that everything is in His time, so if something doesn't get done... then it wasn't in His timing.

Adam had a pretty good day today.  Usually when I kiss Adam I use my index finger and point to my lips and ask for a kiss, today when I finished changing him he pulled his arm up and his hand to his mouth, and he used his thumb to point and make the same movement I do, and I just knew he was asking me for a kiss!  He's amazing!!!  Adam is truly the most incredible husband ever.  He didn't get much therapy today because Adam's unit is moving from Cary WakeMed to Raleigh WakeMed on Tuesday so everyone is getting ready for the move and it just seems busy  (this is why it is important that we fly out on Tuesday otherwise Adam will have to move with the unit to Raleigh and then move again... which would be too much).   

I would like to specifically ask you all to pray for the following:
  1. That Adam would continue to do awesome and have no fever!
  2. There would be no steps backwards through the transition from North Carolina to Spaulding in Boston.
  3. Pray for male friends for Adam while in Boston.
  4. Pray for Adam's team at Spaulding to be hand picked by God and would be ready to encourage and challenge Adam.
  5. Pray against any fever, sickness, or infection in Adam's body,
  6. Pray for the ability to speak and communicate to return
  7. Pray for the ability to process quickly and that he would defy all odds according to the doctors.
  8. Pray for his ability to swallow to become more consistent and would allow him to take the swallowing test and try more foods.
  9. Pray for all those who will be apart of transporting Adam and I to Boston
  10. Please pray that God would already be preparing Adam's room in Boston
  11. Pray for Mackenzie next week as we will be apart.
  12. Pray for Mackenzie and I that our relationship would strengthen and be pleasing and glorifying to God.
  13. Mackenzie slammed her thumb in the car door a month ago and the nail is just about to come off and she is having a lot of pain with that.
  14. Pray for an easy and quick adjustment for Mackenzie, Adam, and I
  15. Pray that God would be preparing friends for Mackenzie that would last a lifetime
  16. Please pray for Matt and Shannon (this is who Mackenzie and I will be living with for a bit) pray that God will honor them and bless them for their generosity, pray that God will continue to equip them for this season.
  17. Pray for us to find a church home up there very quickly
  18. Pray that we will find the right place to live for the right price
  19. Pray for my court date on Monday (I don't want to go into many details, but this is related to legal guardianship... the state of NC will not release us from their guardianship laws)
  20. Pray that God would give the 3 of us rest during the next several days
  21. Pray that I can get done everything that needs to get done before Tuesday.
  22. Pray for all those who have blessed us, that God would bless them tenfold.
Psalm 6:9
"The Lord has heard my supplication, The Lord receives my prayer."

Psalm 34:15
"The eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous And His ears are open to their cry."

Psalm 145:18&19
"The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth. He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He will also hear their cry and will save them."

Matthew 21:22
"And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."

Philippians 4:6&7
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

1 John 5:14&15
"This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which have asked from Him."

Thank you all for joining us in prayer for this journey, it has been such a blessing and has been very humbling to know so many of you are praying every day for my man... thank you.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Precious Amy, I reveled in the picture of Adam asking you for a kiss! Thank you for sharing such great specifics for us to pray through.

Blog Archive