Friday, October 8, 2010

NIGHT OF PRAYER FOR ADAM SUNDAY

DON"T FORGET THIS SUNDAY OCTOBER 10th 6:30-8:00pm @ Triangle Community Church there is a special service being held... TCC where Adam and I attend church sent the following information out and I wanted those who don't attend to have the information as well. 

Special Evening of Prayer & Worship for the Roots - Adam, Amy & Mackenzie

On Sunday evening, October 10, from 6:30-8p we want to gather as a church family to pray, worship, and with much love, send Adam, Amy and Mackenzie Root to Boston as they start the next stage of Adam Root's Journey of Recovery.

Adam was in a motocross accident on May 15, 2010 in which he endured a traumatic brain injury and is currently in a coma.

At TCC, on Sunday night, we will worship and praise our Mighty God for the many answered prayers and changed lives that have resulted from Adam's journey.

In an effort to raise funds to financially assist this family during the next 12-24 months, we are asking for a generous offering that can be brought to TCC anytime, placed in the Sunday Morning Service offering or brought to the special service on Sunday night. Checks need to be made payable to TCC with "Root Family" in the memo line. Cash should be placed in an envelope with "Root Family" clearly written on the outside.

To further show our love, care & concern for Adam, Amy & Mackenzie, we are asking interested folks to bring a written letter to the family. In the letter, thoughts can be expressed, scripture shared, and descriptions given of what God has taught you and how you may have been changed through Adam's journey. The letter may also reflect the many ways that all three have demonstrated their faith before and now during this difficult chapter. These letters will be given to Amy to take with her to Boston and read in times she needs to feel the support of her church family and friends here in North Carolina. (Please do not include monetary donations within your envelope as we cannot anticipate how soon these letters will be opened.)

This is a family event. There isn't any child care but everyone is invited and welcome.
Thanks ahead of time for your prayers and support for this family.

Triangle Community Church
4216 Kildaire Farm Road
Apex, NC 27539
919.362.9996
http://www.tcc.org/

Adam had a great day today.  Your PRAYERS ARE BEING ANSWERED, Adam has remained awake most of the day today.  So he should sleep great tonight!  This afternoon during physical therapy and occupational therapy Adam was sitting on the edge of the bed and I asked him to lift his head up to look at me and he did!  He is understanding more and more every day.  With speech therapy this afternoon he was given peanut butter for the first time.  Peanut butter is hard because it requires a lot of tongue movement to get it to the back of the mouth and swallow.  Adam was able to tolerate about 2 bites, but then he was tired.  Speech started working with him minutes after PT and OT were done, so in all fairness to my man he was already tuckered out.  So we'll try again on Monday.

Several times throughout the day today Adam was trying so hard to form words, I know it's coming... he would move his tongue and be very vocal but in a way of trying to say something and not out of discomfort.  I am praying that God will give him the strength very soon to begin to talk, I know it's coming.  Adam has made so much progress since his last surgery... He is leaps and bounds ahead, and I praising God for how far he has brought Adam.  God is so good!

In Adam's room Hebrews 11:1 is posted on his wall and today I am consistently needing the reminder.  Hebrews 11:1 says "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."  I am trusting completely in God for the things unseen.  I am walking in complete blind faith, uprooting our family, moving to Boston for Adam's recovery, and in the journey of my faith I am trusting that God is going before us as promised and in with this trust, there is so much hope. 

God's love knows no limits.  Today He has showed me that some of the way He shows love to me is through the actions of others.  We have been so blessed by so many people helping us in this season and specifically in this time of transition.  Words will never come close to describe the overwhelming feeling of thankfulness I have for you all.  Our house was flooded with so many friends (really, they're our family) packing, and running our things to storage.  As I finished packing the last of mine and Adam's room this morning, I lost it... I laid on our bed sobbing, thinking this will be the last time for a very long that I will lay in the bed that Adam and I have shared since we have been married.  I know it's just a bed, but to me it's so much more.  the physical pain is too much.  This is truly the hardest life experience I have endured, my heart is broken and the pieces are shattered.  I am missing Adam more tonight than ever before.  I know we are not alone, and I know so many of you are walking this journey with us, yet, it's so lonely for me without my man.  I just want my man to hold me, to whisper in my ear that everything is going to be ok and he loves me.  Tears.

The day is coming when there will be no more pain, no more tears, and no more suffering. The day is coming that Adam will be fully restored.  Revelation 21:4 "He will wipe every tear from their eyes."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Dear Amy, My heart cries with and for you. I have been married 32 years and I just can't imagine not being with my man. I love you and am trusting Father's strength, joy and peace be with you. May you feel His presence in a special way. May the peace that passes ALL understanding keep your heart and mind through this time. May your little jewel feel a special hug from the inside out. Your new friend, Marion Hansen

Anonymous said...

Amy honey my heart aches so bad for you, I admit sometimes reading your blog can be painful so I know that what you are feeling is beyond anything that I can imagine. Jay is away already training for upcoming deployments so I keep him updated on your posts when we get a chance to talk. We miss your wonderful family so much and continue to pray for all of you everyday. I will set aside time tomorrow to join your church in prayer since we can't physically be there for you. God is so good, he is taking care of you. Oh how I want to be there in person! We love you and Camden sends big hugs and kisses :)

Lots of Love,
Jay, Tivian, and Camden

Blog Archive