Sunday, October 17, 2010

In His Arms

This morning I was sitting and having some quiet time with God.  As I was going into prayer, I heard Him say... "wait".  Normally when I enter into prayer I have this image in my head that I am bowed down at the feet of the throne, but this morning as I waited I had this image of God scooping me into His arms and holding me, and before I could begin praying I heard Him say "I know, I already know".  Such comfort in knowing that I am resting in His arms and that without saying having to say a word... He knows.  What a humbling experience to wait on the Lord this morning.  Psalm 33:20 "We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield."

Adam has had a great day and even gave the nurse a thumbs up when she asked him about his day.  Adam and I sat outside in the courtyard today for 2 hours... it was so wonderful and peaceful.  I read to him and spent awhile talking with him, he engaged me the entire time I was talking with him.  Adam is so courageous and strong, and I am so proud of him.  He fights every day and I am in awe of how hard he works to get through this.  He amazes me, inspires me, and blesses me every day.  Adam had another chest xray today and his chest xray showed great results... there is so much power in prayer, keep 'em coming!  His xray showed improvement in his lungs, no change in his shunt, and his trach looked great!   Boston here we come!

Emotionally today has been a very difficult day, I had to do the final walk through the house that Adam and I have shared for most of our marriage, sign the title of his truck over, say too many "see ya later's", and prepare for court tomorrow.  This seems like it's more than I can take, but then I am reminded of this morning and how God showed me that I am in His arms, and He knows how hard this is. 

I have been reminded today of the song Safe by Phil Wickham (please read the lyrics, it's an amazing song)

To the one who's dreams are falling all apart

And all you're left with is a tired and broken heart
I can tell by your eyes you think your on your own
but you're not all alone
Have you heard of the One who can calm the raging seas
Give sight to the blind, pull the lame up to their feet
With a love so strong he'll never let you go
oh you're not alone

You will be safe in His arms
You will be safe in His arms
'Cause the hands that hold the world are holding your heart
This is the promise He made
He will be with You always
When everything is falling apart
You will be safe in His arms

Did you know that the voice that brings the dead to life
Is the very same voice that calls you to rise
So hear Him now He's calling you home
You will never be alone

These are the hands that built the mountains
the hands that calm the seas
These are the arms that hold the heavens
they are holding you and me

These are hands that healed the leper
Pulled the lame up to their feet
These are the arms that were nailed to a cross
to break our chains and set us free

3 comments:

Wanda said...

Amy,

I am praying for you today as you head to court. I am praying for the judge's heart to be softened and for him to have a better understanding of your family. I am praying for him to receive God's wisdom and guidance.

Wanda

Anonymous said...

Covered in prayer Amy! He has gone before you each day and paved the way! Continue to hold to His peace as I know you are doing. I will meet up with you soon in Boston.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Dear One, What a precious picture of Father. I will trust Father's peace that passes ALL understand engulf you taday and that you might feel His rest as you travel to Boston. Hugs, Marion Hansen

Blog Archive