Sunday, October 24, 2010

I Love My Husband

For those of you who know me well, have seen me the last couple of years where a particular tee-shirt that says "I love my husband".  I was wearing it today and it seemed to strike up quite a few conversations among staff at Spaulding.  I was able to share with each staff member what an amazing man Adam is.  I hit the jackpot when I met and married Adam.  I always tell him he's an all in one kind of guy, one of kind that's for sure.  He's not just a computer programmer, he maintains our vehicles, he builds things, he can fix anything, he cooks (those of you who have had his cooking know how amazing it is!), he's wicked smart, he's an awesome spiritual leader of our home, a incredible provider, he's an amazing father and the best husband a girl could ever dream of.  I LOVE MY HUSBAND!  Ladies, please, please I challenge you to make a list of all the things that you love and admire about your husband and write him a letter telling him.  He needs to hear it.  I am so grateful that Adam has heard me say all the things I listed above.  Not one moment was taken for granted.  Please let your man know what he means to you and profess it the world that you love your man.

This morning I read Adam several Psalms, one in particular I read over and over because it brought such comfort to me.  Psalm 103, please read this Psalm sometime this week and praise Him for the good things he has done for you.  My footnote for the Psalm 103 reads "David's praise focused on the good things God was doing for him.  It is easy to complain about life, but David's list gives us plenty for which to praise God-he forgives our sins, heals our diseases, redeems us from death, crowns us with love and compassion, satisfies our desires, and gives righteousness and justice.  We receive all of these without deserving any of them.  No matter how difficult your life's journey, you can ALWAYS count your blessings-past, present, and future.  When you feel as though you have nothing for which to praise God, read David's list"  I am only going to highlight a section of Psalm 103, but I challenge you, when you finish reading please read this Psalm and praise Him for your blessings.  Psalm 103:2-5 "Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits- who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's."  PRAISE THE LORD, that He heals!  Amen?!!!

Adam had a good old fashion lazy Sunday... we read, listened to music, watched part of Braveheart (one of three of Adam's favorite movies), laid in bed cuddling together.  It was a good restful and relaxing Sunday.  While I was bathing Adam this morning he had a monitor sticker on him that was no longer necessary and has been on for several days.  I usually don't remove them because it's painful for him and I don't want him to associate me with pain... anyway, I removed it and he lifted his arm up and looked at it and then set it back down and then lifted his arm again and looked at it then at me... I was excited to see that he understood and sad that he knew it was me that caused him pain.  I was told by a resident at UNC that Adam would never be cognitive enough to let me know he feels pain... WRONG... he knows and gets it!!! Praise the Lord Adam is defying all odds!  He's amazing and I love my husband!

4 comments:

Mary Strynar said...

I love your use of the word "wicked". "My husband is wicked smart". That's a very common New England adjective. However smart is spelled S-M-O-T." May you see God healing Adam in a profound way today.

Anonymous said...

Ha, Adam will NEVER associate you with pain, Amy. But rather the amazing and abounding love you obvoiusly have for him. Thank you for the reminders of how we should love those that are most dear to us. Continually praying for you guys.

Ken High

Creative Team said...

Thank you for your encouragement as a wife. You are amazing to use your experience to teach us about not taking our 'man' for granted. God is the giver of all things...especially the man He gave to each of us. Praying for you and your man. Love ya! Marcia

Anonymous said...

Amy!! It is so good to see how Father is blessing you. I do write my husband love notes, and send them to work, sometimes I call him to tell him how I appreciate him. You are RIGHT, he loves it and in turn is able to love me even more. Marion

Blog Archive