Friday, October 1, 2010

"A Hug Is Two Hearts Wrapped In Arms" ~ Unknown

Never underestimate the power of a hug!!!!  MY MAN HUGGED ME TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, you read that right... he hugged me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am truly the most blessed girl in the world today, my man hugged me!!!!  Okay... I will try hard to remain focused enough to share the story... MY MAN HUGGED ME!!! 

In therapy this morning, Adam was busy... Adam's day was full of miracles and I am rejoicing in every single one of them, but did I mention my man hugged me :)  Anyway, PT (Susan) and OT (Carolyn) sat Adam at the edge of the bed and as soon as they brought him up he turned his head to the left, then brought it back to center, and then... as his head was getting heavy he started to drop it and I asked him to lift his head up and I told him he could do it and HE DID IT.  Adam brought his head back up all on his own!  GOD IS SO GOOD!

Then Susan and Carolyn helped Adam find some balance and he sat on the edge of the bed with a therapist in front and one in the back but neither of them had any hands on Adam and he sat and held himself up!!!  He's amazing and so strong, I love my man.  After he was done sitting on the edge of the bed the therapists put Adam on the tilt table (this is the special table that assists him in standing up).  As he was standing there we were working to see if Adam could move his hands and Carolyn asked Adam to move his hand and give me a hug and HE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Adam loves me so much and that was by far the best hug I have ever received, EVER.  For those who know me well know that I am a hugger,  I love a good hug.  There is nothing that will ever compare to the hug I received today from my man!

I feel when God writes a scripture verse on my heart, that is God's tangible way of hugging me.  I love when the Living Word comes alive and God uses it to write something on my heart just for me.  This is one verse that God writes on my heart over and over again... Jeremiah 31:3 "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness".  He loves unconditionally, in spite of me, He draws me with loving kindness... who I am that He is mindful of me.  How amazing His sweet and tender love is.

4 comments:

Christina said...

Yay!!!!!! I'm so happy for you! You needed that loving from your man!

Anonymous said...

I'm so thrilled for you! What an amazing gift to encourage you! Yea for hugs!!

Love,
Amy J

Anonymous said...

The power of a hug! Adam loves you so much. We are praying for this weekend.

Love,
Lisa C

Wanda said...

Amy thanks for sharing the wonderful news!! I am praying for all of you!

Blog Archive