Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hallelujah Night


Happy Halloween!  I am still in denial that it's fall let alone Halloween.  For me time has stood still since May and I can't believe seasons have come and gone.  Adam has always enjoyed pumpkin carving, he's quite good at it.  We have always enjoyed pumpkin patches and corn mazes, this is the first year we didn't do either.  We went to a local stand and bought a pumpkin, I couldn't bring myself to carve one, but I did watch Mackenzie do an amazing job.  She carved two lambs and a cross in the middle, it's a good lookin pumpkin.

Mackenzie and I visited a church this morning, the church was great and very welcoming.  I was so impressed with this small church.  For being small in size, they are doing an amazing job at supporting church plants to spread the gospel.  It was great to be in the presence of God this morning.  Listening to this church and with our church in NC talking about Acts, it has really challenged me to be bold in my faith.  I want to live my faith out loud with no reservations of what anyone will think. 

I was talking with a nurse yesterday and sharing my faith with her and then today she was Adam's nurse again and there was a nursing assistant in the room and they were talking about how I went to church and the nurse said to the assistant, "watch out she got me yesterday"  I was thinking, I didn't get her yesterday, but God must have for that reaction.  Sharing the gospel can be intimidating, but one God has prepared me for this journey is my almost 2 years volunteering at a pregnancy resource center.  I learned there that sharing the gospel meant sharing what God has done to redeem me and the price he paid to offer my grace.  When I look at all that God has done for me, especially in the last 6 months, I stand in awe of Him and I can't help but share what He has done.  It seeps out of me, I am so excited and amazed at how he has taken care of all the details of this journey as well as how far Adam has progressed, that I just want to shout it from the rooftops.  AWESOME IS MY GOD, MIGHTY IS MY GOD!!!   1 Peter 3:15 "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect"
Adam's doctor, Dr. Chae, invited Mackenzie and I to his church for their Harvest Festival so we went and had a really good time, we met a lot of nice people and enjoyed a great play and a time of fellowship.  I added some pictures, but you will have to forgive my camera, this is why I haven't been posting pictures lately, my camera is officially on it's last leg and keeps going in and out... anyway, I am adding to the list of things that have decided to go on strike since Adam's accident.


 Mackenzie's pumpkin

 Mackenzie and I at Berkland Baptist Hallelujah Night

 Mackenzie and Jessica, Jessica is dressed as silly bands, I thought this was such a great costume and Mackenzie is a hippie (we just met Jessica tonight, it was so fun getting to know her)

Mackenzie and I 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for Mackenzie to have a fabulous first day of school tomorrow!
~Courtnie and John

Anonymous said...

Great pics Amy! Loved the one of you and Mackenzie. Please let Mackenzie know she's covered in prayer. There is someone waiting to be her friend. God is Good. He is faithful and will meet the cry of her heart.

Love to you ALL!
Mom

Karie Garner said...

You are amazing! You are settling right in and going to church and meeting new people and not letting all the fun stuff in life pass you by. I admire your energy and enthusiasm. I am so glad to hear of Adam's progress! We are praying with you for complete healing. Tell Mackenzie that Claire and I will be praying for her this week!

Karie

Anonymous said...

My 8 year old daughter thinks Mackenzie did a great job carving her pumpkin. Also she said "It's awesome".

Anonymous said...

Amy, I can not even begin to comprehend the emotions that you must be experiencing each and every day as you work through this time in your life. Always know that there are many people like me out here who think of you often and pray for your continued strength. You have done a superb job taking care of Adam and Mackenzie. Stars in your crown!!!! My words can not express what I would like to say, so insert something here that essentially means that we all will help hold you up in body and spirit as you face this incredible challenge.

Ashton

Blog Archive