Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Giving Thanks Even From The Loins Den

Adam amazes me, he is the strongest man I know, he doesn't give up and he continues to work hard every day!  Today Adam has been moving his head a lot more.  He moves to look at what causes noises or even voices he recognizes.  To during occupational therapy with Becky, Adam was working on sitting at the edge of the table in the gym and she had him lean on his side and worked with him to pull himself up, he did it!!!  He pulled himself up one of the 3 times they tried.  I am so proud of him and how hard he works.  Adam continues to make gains every day we are here, and I ask you all to please keep praying that Adam will continue to make gains leaps and bounds ahead of where he is now, I ask that you please keep praying for Adam's miracle.  Pray for FULL recovery, it's coming!  Pray continuous for strength and patience in the journey for all of us.

I have been asked several times in the last 2 weeks to post a recent picture of Adam on this blog... I want to explain why you haven't and won't see any pictures of him.  First let me assure you, he looks like Adam.  Everyone comments that he looks so good when they do see him.  Adam is a very humble and private person, and I don't feel right posting his pictures when he's not quite feeling like himself.  So out of respect for my man, until he can give me permission to post pictures, I will not be posting any.   I have been taking pictures of this whole journey so when he does give permission I will share the journey.  Until then, please understand that I want to respect my man and honor him the way he so deserves. 

Also, if you would like to send us letters or care packages, please send them to Adam's hospital room (your letters and packages have meant so much and really bless us a great deal, thank you). Everything sent gets read and shown to Adam, if you haven't sent a postcard in for our postcard wall please send it to the Adam's room.  We are in the process of rehanging all your wonderful postcards.

Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
Attn: Patient Adam Root Rm: 817
125 Nashua St.
Boston, MA 02114

Today for me has been a little difficult, today has been a day where I have experienced a number of flash backs to the day of Adam's accident.  Each time this happens I remember more details from the scene and from that day and it is extremely painful.  (For those of you who may not know, Mackenzie and I both witnessed the accident and saw the whole thing unfold).  I have had to hand my thoughts and heavy heart over to God today and trust that He sees my pain and He can work all things for good and for His glory. 

I pray that Adam would cling to God right now and that he too will trust in God for what He has planned for our future.  I pray that we both are able to trust God like Daniel trusted when he was in the loins den.  Daniel 6:23 "The king was overjoyed and gave orders to lift Daniel out of the den. And when Daniel was lifted from the den, no wound was found on him, because he had trusted in his God."  I pray that when Adam is lifted from this den, there will be no sign of injury, no wound found on him... Because GOD IS BIGGER than this brain injury. In this moment I want to give thanks for all that has happened in this journey, there is truly so much to be thankful for, God has done so much and has worked through so many of you... I am so thankful.  I am so thankful that God has gone before us every step of this journey, and prepared those around us and those in charge of Adam's care, praise the Lord for his preparation.  Praise the Lord because He is worthy of all my praise.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear Amy. What wisdom, understanding, and love you have in not posting Adam's picture. Thank you for your witness to what Father has called you to do/be. Oh, my friend, my heart cries that you saw what happened to your husband. May you have comfort in the knowledge that Father God, too saw what happened to His Son. He, more than any, understand what you feel. Like His Son, Adam will walk away from this praising and rejoicing. Father sees the END from the Beginning. He's just waiting for you to get to where He already is. I love you. In the next week or so, I will send a surprize for you all. Hugs and blessings, your new fiend, Marion Hansen

**mArC** The Schifano Tribe said...

Hey Amy,

What are the restrictions for visitations? Is Adam allowed any? I know I'm not known to you guys, but would love to offer anything we can. I had a pretty bad motorcycle accident with a traumatic brain injury in 2007 and my wife Jan was there for me the whole time. It was awesome to have my bride there. I always knew she was there even when I was not 100% aware. They wanted to send me to Spaulding , but my insurance didn't think it was necessary for me to go. Whatever with that! God took and brought me through that time and He did it from within my wife's very being. May an extra portion of blessing and favor be all over that room and you and Adam.

Jewel said...

I know I haven't commented in a little while, but I've been keeping up here:) I am overwhelmed by goodness of God!!!!! Still praying. Love you girl!

Amelia said...

Amy, I miss you and Adam so much, you were (in person) and are such a blessing to me! I am not going to be selfish though, I know Adam is where God wants your family to be and Spaulding sounds hand picked for you guys! Tell those people thank you for me for taking care of you all so well! If I ever move to Boston maybe I can work there :) Thank you for being such a faithful follower of Christ, you don't know how much your's and Adam's faith encourages the Body of Christ and most of all glorifies our most worthy Savior! Praying for you, be looking for a surprise in the mail this next week! I wish I could fit in the box with it! Love you guys!
Amelia

Blog Archive