Monday, October 25, 2010

Blessed Beyond The Needs

I am so amazed that God has not only met our needs, but has blessed us beyond the need.  It has become very apparent that we are in Boston for a reason and that this is right where God wants us.  He has prepared the way and has walked before us, thank you Jesus!  Everything is coming together.  I went to Mackenzie's new school today and got everything I needed to get her registered.  I was able to meet with the guidance counselor (Mrs. Gates) for a long time and she was such a huge help in getting us adjusted into this community.  The school wants to do everything they can to help this be an easy transition for Mackenzie.  I am so excited, it just feels like such a great fit for us. Mackenzie and I will get to meet her new teacher on Friday and she will start school on Monday.  The This school reminds me so much of Apex Elementary which is where Mackenzie has been going in North Carolina.  The town we are living in even reminds me of Apex, NC.

I met with Adam's doctor today, he is the one who runs the program that Adam is in.  His name is Dr. Chae.  Dr. Chae rounded on Adam this afternoon when I had stepped out to Mackenzie's school.  When he saw me return he stopped me in the hall and asked if I was a believer.  He said he noticed my Bible sitting on my chair in Adam's room and was just curious, we had an hour long conversation about our faith.  Dr. Chae went on to tell me he is an ordained pastor and knows that our paths crossed for a reason.  He told me he prays for all his patients and prays for Adam.  He agreed with me that God is bigger than this brain injury. 

Dr. Chae went onto explain that in John 2 went Jesus turned the water into wine he told his servants to fill the jars with water and when they went to pour it it turned to wine, Dr. Chae said that he views his job as God's servant filling the jars with water, but it's God who does the healing!  Praise the Lord!  He asked if he could follow me to Adam's room and pray with us.  So we went into Adam's room held hands with Adam and Dr. Chae prayed for all of us!  God is so good!  I am so grateful that Dr. Chae is such a willing servant of the Lord and is so obedient to God's calling.  Truly amazing!  John 2:7-9 "Jesus said to the servants, "Fill the jars with water"; so they filled them to the brim. Then he told them, "Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet." They did so, and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine."  Please join me in praying for Dr. Chae and his team as they provide care for Adam, pray that God will give them the wisdom they need to make the best decisions for my man.

Please continue to pray for Adam's cold, he's still fighting it.  He didn't sleep well last night so he was very tired today for therapies and had a harder time participating.  Tomorrow is a new day and with some rest tonight Adam will be good to go tomorrow!  Good news of the day, Adam's PICC line was removed!!!!  No more IV's or blood draws daily!  Go Adam, he's getting better every day!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I rejoice with you in Father's gift of Adam's dr. I pray every time Father reminds me of you. I trust Him to watch over, guide, and love you as you need to be loved. Marion

Carlee said...

Praise the Lord! I haven't been able to comment lately, sometimes I'm just not sure what to say. Amy, dear friend. SO happy that you feel secure in where you are in Boston. So glad that God is continuing to work this miracle out. So glad to hear that Adam is in again the hands of a team that is led by a man of faith. Oh how much that matters! My heart is happy to read your post today. I think of you oh so often friend. Continue to be blessed for God truly is bigger than any medical condition. Tell Adam Hi for us!

Karie Garner said...

This was so exciting to read! What a blessing you have in that doctor!!! Amazing!!! I am very excited for you and Mackenzie!

Karie

Anonymous said...

God continues to lead each step of the way! You remind the readers daily of His faithfulness not just to you but for everyone. God is so good! Blessings over the team that will surround Adam. Keeping Mackenzie in prayer too as she adjust to her new school. :)
Take good care. I will visit you all soon!

Love, Mom

Temarie said...

Isn't it amazing to see God at work? What an amazing blessing to have a believer as Adam's doctor that can pray for you and encourage you in the Lord in Boston! It's so evident that He is carrying you Amy and is paving the way for you and Adam! He is helping you take each step at a time. We love you and miss you and are praying constantly for you and Adam!
"In this greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that persihes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ." I Peter 1:6-9

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

That is simply amazing. Your journey and your faithful words show you are a powerful scribe for the Lord. How praiseworthy to have a godly doctor on your team!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to hear that God is providing for your spiritual/fellowship needs so quickly! He has definitely gone before all three of you on this journey. I miss you guys, but am so glad you are right where you are supposed to be! JS

Amy said...

Praise God! I continue to be amazed at how God continues to reveal Himself to you and your precious family. I recently read a devotion that said something to the fact that we are guaranteed for God to reveal Himself to us at least once while on this earth, but I believe you guys are getting a daily visit from Him. :) What a testimony to the world and I'm so grateful that you are not afraid to witness about your daily walk with the Lord. Y'all are in our prayers.
Your sister in Christ,
Amy

Blog Archive