Saturday, October 9, 2010

Blessed Beyond Belief


Praise the Lord, He is so good!  Adam slept through the night last night!  This is such a huge answer to prayer, Adam's sleep cycle has been so messed up the last week and I didn't want him to have to go on a medication to help him sleep at night.  The last couple of days it looks like he is trying to get on a more normal sleeping cycle... please continue to pray for this.  God is so good. 

Today Adam and I were blessed that a dear friend of ours came to spend time with us.  Jan and I spent time talking, praying, and praising God for this journey.  At one point while Jan was talking to Adam, he was so alert and aware of what she was saying the connection with his eyes was intense.  It was neat to see Adam communicate so much with his eyes.  I do feel like words are coming soon, please keep praying for speech, but for now I am rejoicing in his sight and that we can see so much in his eyes.

Jan and I

Another blessing and praise, today I was feeding Adam ice chips and just about every time that I put the spoon close to his mouth he opened for the spoon and closed his mouth on it!  My man is amazing!  GO ADAM!!!

I want to thank all of those who have worked around the clock the last 3 days to get us moved.  I know that I am not even aware of all those that did pitch in and the pictures below are only a small glimpse of all those that did help... thank you. 

I am overwhelmed by all of you, you have all blessed my family immensely.  We are humbled and honored that so many of you gave so much of your time to help our family.  I have truly been blessed by the hands and feet of Christ's body.  1 Corinthians 12:12 "The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ."  Thank you all so much for being such a beautiful and wonderful example of Christ's body, I pray that God will bless each of you.

 Debby, Maryjane, Wanda, Debbie, and Mary
 Matt, Johnny, Mark, and Joe
 Lisa, Maryjane, me, and Debbie

I want to specially thank my best friend Debbie, she has been amazing at organizing so much of my life the last 5 months.  She has spent countless nights with me at sleeping in the waiting room at UNC, she has been a shoulder to cry on, she brings laughter when needed, John (her husband) and Debbie have spent many late nights consoling me, laughing with me, and crying with me. Debbie has spent days organizing this move and so many people to help.  Praise God for people with different gifts, she is very detailed orientated and I am not so good with the details.  She did an amazing job and I am truly blessed to call her a friend... she is the bestest friend a girl can have.  Thank you and I love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I praise Father with you, for your tangable touch of His hands and feet. I trust Him to continue to bless you with His peace that passes all understanding and the tangable feel of His love. Your new friend, Marion Hansen

Debbie said...

Thanks for the kind words Amy! I am blessed to be able to walk this road with you. You are amazing! (And so are all your/our friends)

I love you!
Debbie

*PS-I've got your back!

Blog Archive