Saturday, October 30, 2010

Balance

Trying to find the balance of being mom and wife right now has been very difficult.  Mackenzie is getting nervous about school on Monday and with this transition, she has been acting up.  Please pray for her, life is so not a typical kid life right now and she is struggling with it.  Please pray that she would be able open up and talk about all that is getting to her rather than acting out in anger and frustration.  Today I have had to work hard at patience and peace with my sweet kiddo... and the bible verse that I have been focusing on is Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."  I pray that I can think about such things and keep my focus on the end prize, seeing my Lord's face.  

Adam had another great day.  He had PT and OT today... on the weekends his therapy times are cut in half, so it gives him a break, but still keeps him in routine.  In between therapies today I buzzed Adam's hair, read to him, and hung out.  We had a wonderful time today.  His room is starting to feel like home again.  The last couple of days Mackenzie and I have been hanging things back up on the wall, and tomorrow Mackenzie will be rehanging all the postcards!  It's not too late to send us a postcard.  When I was hanging pictures today Adam looked at every single item that I hung.  At one point I was hanging his Halo poster and then I handed him his X-Box controller.  He looked at the controller started to push the buttons and looked up to the poster.  I told him it would only be a matter of time before he would  be able to play again!  Adam is getting so close to talking, he is moving his mouth, his tongue, and vocalizing so much... he has even begun to get frustrated when he's saying something and it's not coming out right.  Please continue to pray specifically for speech and the ability to process.  He is so close to talking, even his speech therapists, Brooke, and Meredith, agree.

I am exhausted again tonight, and I apologize for the short post, but I need to get to bed.  Good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for your precious little one tonight ... may God strengthen Mackenzie and give her His peace and confidence for school on Monday. You both are mighty, brave warriors.

Love from Sheri Halberg
Snohomish, WA.

Anonymous said...

Dear one!! I, also, am praying for sweet Mackenzie. My grnddaughter is 7 years old and has had quite an upheaval in her little life. She, too, has acted in anger, sometimes being naughty, sometimes withdrawing into herself a bit. I have to remember Father God loves her even more than I do, and That He has her in the palm of His hand. You are doing well keeping up with the blog. I do check every day. Yet, it's OKAY to miss a few days and have a girls night with your daughter. Sometimes I marvel that so much of your life is given to so many...I mean through the blog. I enjoy reading about how you all are doing, but being a private person, I am not sure I could be so open with myself. You are a treasure. I am honored to share a small part of your life. Trusting Father for all three of you, Marion Hansen

Blog Archive