Sunday, September 26, 2010

What A Day

All I can say is... what a day.  It started with Adam still running a temperature and not feeling good, but he was resting so comfortably that Mackenzie and I went to church.  It has been so great going to church the last several weeks.  After church Mackenzie let me know she wasn't feeling too good.  We ran to the hospital to check on Adam (Mackenzie stayed outside), Adam's fever was up to 103... which means infection.  So they were running all sorts of blood work, and lab tests.  At this point I decided it was better to be safe than sorry, I ran Mackenzie to urgent care to get her looked at since she has been exposed to strep throat and was complaining of a sore throat.  God is so good, thankfully, Mackenzie checked out to be just fine.  All her labs came back negative and she is just battling a typical cold.  The doctor gave her plenty of children masks to wear to the hospital and in Adam's room. 

Adam's tested positive for a bladder infection.  His blood test also tested positive for the same bacteria that was in his urine.  So the doctor just ordered his antibiotics to be given through IV so that it goes through his blood stream and all will be well.  Please pray that the antibiotics take care of the infection quickly.  Pray that Adam has strength for therapy tomorrow.  After his first dose of antibiotics he was already doing much better.  Please pray for health to return to his body. Pray specifically for his muscle tone.  Infection makes his muscle tone worse and we are seeing that, he is a little more stiff the last several days, so please pray that his muscles will relax and he will be more comfortable without having to increase his muscle tone medication.  Please also pray that God's will, will be done, praying that He will guide our steps and take us to the right places for Adam's recovery.  Jeremiah 17:14 "Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise."

After urgent care, my really good friend Stacy came to be with Mackenzie so that I could go be at the hospital with Adam and figure out everything going on with him.  I did ask the doctor to order a head CT just to make sure nothing neurologically was going on.  Which I didn't think anything was but I needed reassurance.  His CT scan looked good, praise the Lord.  So Adam is being treated with the right course of antibiotics and with lots of sleep.  Please just pray for his health, and for continued progress and FULL recovery.  He is still doing awesome, still communicating with thumbs up and I am counting my blessings. 

I have so much that I am thankful for, God has filled my heart with praise.  In church this morning we sang the hymn "How great thou art"  And all day I have found myself pondering how great He is, even when I was awaiting Adam's test results and I was having to remind myself each moment to wait patiently, to wait on the Lord because He is so mighty and powerful and no matter what He is in control.  He created the earth in 6 days, He parted the red sea and rescued the Israelites from slavery, He used a child to kill a giant, He brought down an entire city at the sound of trumpets blowing, He protected Daniel from the lions, He was in the fiery furnace with Shadrach, Meshach & Abednego, He made the lame walk, the mute talk, He raised the dead, He took my sins and bore them on the cross so that I may have everlasting life... How great thou art.  He is so worthy of all my worship and so much more, I am so unworthy of being in His presence and yet He invites me in... How great thou art.

1 comment:

Mary Strynar said...

Psalm 27:14 Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.
This was the scripture verse in the K/1 Promiseland class yesterday. : ) I'm so glad it wasn't strep!

Blog Archive