Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Surgery #12

Thank you so much for your prayers today, we could feel them surrounding us. Adam's surgery went well, he was in surgery for close to 5 hours. I am praising God that everything went well and that there were no surprises. (Sorry for another quick update tonight, I will write more tomorrow)

Adam has had a significant amount of pain since the surgery. I know that seems like an obvious statement, after all he did just undergo brain surgery, not to mention is 12th operation. But what makes this significant is Adam has barely shown signs of pain when he's been post-op before, and when he has shown the slightest of pain a little bit of morphine has been all that he's needed. Today the doctors gave him several doses of heavy pain medication before using a sedating medication to finally bring Adam some rest. His heart rate was very high and he kept holding his breath so he was setting monitors off left and right so giving him the sedation medication was the only thing that seemed to relax him and bring his heart rate down.

I personally believe that Adam is feeling more pain with this surgery because he is more aware and alert. Not only was his heart rate high and his respirations low, but he also audibly made noise without his valve on, he was moaning in discomfort. I am so thankful that Adam was communicating with us letting us know he was in pain... this was today's miracle because he is showing that he is more aware and alert. Another praiseworthy note today was before Adam was given all the pain medication and right after his surgery, he was still following commands for him to wiggle his toes and he wiggled his left thumb! Way to go Adam!!! He's amazing!!! He is such a fighter, I am so proud of him for fighting and for working so hard... I am blessed and lucky to call Adam my husband... He's my man!

This is my meditation today, Psalm 25:4-7 "Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Remember, O Lord, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old. Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you are good, O Lord."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good News! Thank You Jesus for the encouragement we see and the hope in You for the things we don't yet see. Amen.

Bless you Amy~
Colette

Anonymous said...

Dear Amy --

I have just started reading your blog, I didn't know you had one for a while! It is incredible to be on this journey now with you and Mackenzie and Adam -- your family is in my prayers (has been since Pastor Doug told the congregation about his injury)!!!

You are beautiful and humble and such a wonderful role model for me and so many girls -- Hope to c u soon Amy!

Kendra

Kathy said...

Amy, thank you so much for keeping us updated. We anxiously await each day's blog and appreciate the time you spend sharing with us. We are praying for Adam's full recovery and for peace for you and Mackenzie. Love, The Spades

Blog Archive