Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Praising, Rejoicing, and Praying

Psalm 63:1 “O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you”

Psalm 63:3 & 4 “Because your love is better than life, my lips glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live.”

Every morning I drive to UNC I cross over Jordan Lake, it’s beautiful and is always such a great reminder to praise God for who He is. No matter how many times I cross the bridge and drive that same drive, I seem to notice something new or seem to see new wildlife… it just amazes me and yet is such a great reminder that God every day is new. That alone is worth praising God for, but the view is astonishing at sunrise and it’s just peaceful and serene. What if I didn’t notice or pay attention… I would miss out on part of who He is… would I be able to praise Him and worship Him in the same intimate way I have been able to if I was not intentional about recognizing Him all around me? My heart and prayer is that my eyes would be open to God’s grace, mercy, and love that is surrounding me. I pray that for you too.

I love the prayer that Paul prays over the church of Philippi… Philippians 1:9-11 "And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God." I have begun to pray this prayer over my family as well as myself… I want my knowledge of Christ and the depth of insight to grow deeper every day, like I’ve said before, I don’t want to be the same person tomorrow I want to know my Savior more intimately tomorrow than I do today… I want to grow more. I pray this for each of you, that you will grow more in your love for Him and be able to recognize Him around you.

I have been rejoicing all day and I thank you all for being so faithful in praying for my man! He is making great progress… Adam has consistently been following commands of wiggling his toes and fingers for 3 days now and he has been 4 days without a neurological storm!!! Physical therapy came in today and sat Adam up on the edge of the bed and Adam held his head up again on his own! His tummy seems to be settled. His C-diff test came back negative and he is showing no signs of infections! He has had a great day! The funny part of today… I was lying in bed with Adam (shhh, technically while we’re in ICU I’m not suppose to… but his nurses today were great) he kept twitching, it was the funniest thing... at first it startled me, but then it just made me giggle because I feel like it’s his brain turning on his muscles. I am so proud of Adam, he is doing awesome!!! By the way my man is the strongest man I know, and he’s the handsomest I know… I love my man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy: I was reading the blog of John Stumbo, a pastor in Salem, OR, who's been dealing with cancer. He penned the following poem and it made me think of you. Since I don't have an e-mail address for you, I'll post it here in hopes that that's okay~ :-)
Love and Blessings, Colette

YOU:
A JOYFUL DECLARATION OF THE SOVEREIGNTY OF GOD

You have a plan for this world.
It is good.
It includes my life.

You have a plan for this world.
It is comprehensive.
It includes all of us.

You have a plan for this world.
It is remarkable.
It will astound us.

You have a plan for this world.
It is mysterious
It is often hidden from us.


You have a plan.
I am part of it.
I submit to you today.

You have a plan.
I may not see my part in it.
I yield to you today.

You have a plan.
My pain has a purpose.
I trust you today.

You have a plan.
It includes my future.
I wait for you today.


Your plan
stretches into eternity.
We celebrate what awaits.

Your plan
spans all of history.
We accept what has taken place.

Your plan
shatters all demonic schemes.
We declare your victory.

Your plan
secures us in your love.
We rest in you today.


You.
You are good.
We will be blessed forever.

You.
You are limitless.
We will explore you forever.

You.
You are bliss.
We will enjoy you forever.

You.
You are sovereign.
We will be safe forever.


Everything that has ever existed and
everything that ever will exist
has always been,
and always will be about
You.

Blog Archive