Monday, September 20, 2010

On My Knees Tonight


The joy of the Lord is my strength, and will continue to be so.

Today has been a hard and difficult day. I knew what was coming, but it just doesn’t make it any easier. The doctors and therapists decided to give Adam 3 weeks. Adam is continuing to make progress; he held his head up for awhile several times when being asked! I am so proud that he is working so hard and trying to do everything he is being asked. I believe that in 3 weeks we are going to see the Lord’s hand in Adam’s healing, we are going to continue to see progress that will cause the doctors and therapists to be speechless. I believe that God see the darkness of this situation and he has plans to burst forth with light and we will see His promises birthed into life.

Tomorrow morning at 8am (Eastern Standard Time) Adam will be being assessed by the neuropsychologist to determine where Adam is on the Rancho Coma Scale. Last he was assessed at a 2, and I am praying that Adam will be able to respond for her and she will be able to see how far he has come. She has only seen Adam once before so this makes it harder for Adam to respond to someone he doesn’t really know. I am trusting that God will give Adam the strength that he needs to do the tasks he is asked to do. Please, please, please partner with me in prayer for this meeting. (Rancho Coma Scale ranges how alert and awake Adam is, it will evaluate how far he has emerged from his coma and how much farther he has to go, click here for more info)

All I can do right now is trust in God, all I can do is hope in Him, all I can do is believe in His promises… all I can do is pray. My prayer is for Adam’s FULL recovery, my prayer is that my heart will not be hardened, but will remain soft and tender.

Psalm 95
1 Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD;
let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.

2 Let us come before him with thanksgiving
and extol him with music and song.

3 For the LORD is the great God,
the great King above all gods.

4 In his hand are the depths of the earth,
and the mountain peaks belong to him.

5 The sea is his, for he made it,
and his hands formed the dry land.

6 Come, let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the LORD our Maker;

7 for he is our God
and we are the people of his pasture,
the flock under his care.
Today, if you hear his voice,

8 do not harden your hearts as you did at Meribah,
as you did that day at Massah in the desert,

9 where your fathers tested and tried me,
though they had seen what I did.

10 For forty years I was angry with that generation;
I said, "They are a people whose hearts go astray,
and they have not known my ways."

11 So I declared on oath in my anger,
"They shall never enter my rest."

Lord, I give you my heart, may it remain tender towards you, and may I be able to enter your rest. I bow down and worship you, you are sovereign and just, only you know the whole picture and I find peace in that… thank you. You know the situation; you know our circumstance, let your will be done. Be with Adam tomorrow morning, give him the strength he needs to complete the tasks he is asked. Your word says all things are possible through Christ who gives us strength, because of this I know Adam can do anything through you who gives him the strength. Give Adam a restful and peaceful night’s rest so that he will wake up refreshed. Bring peace to Adam in times of confusion and sadness, comfort him in ways that only you can provide comfort. I praise you for the healing that has already taken place in Adam’s body, I praise you for the healing that is to come. You are awesome in power and in strength, you are a mighty healer, you are a creative God in how you knit us together, your love is amazing, and tonight I praise you for who you are. I go to bed with joy in my heart because you are with me and will never leave me… and because of this I am not discouraged by the events of the day. Thank you for saving me, thank you for eternal life, for your unconditional love, thank you for writing my name in the book of lambs, for pursuing me intentionally. I love you Lord, and it’s in your precious and holy name I pray, Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Partnering in prayer, it's 8am.

Carlee said...

Will be praying!!!!! But I don't understand..they're giving him 3 weeks for what? what will happen next?

Blog Archive