Saturday, September 18, 2010

My Heart Is Joyful

I am so proud of my man, he has worked so hard today!!! Adam followed commands all day today!!! His nurse Norma asked for him to open his mouth and after he did that 3 or 4 times then she asked him to close his mouth and he did!!! It only got better, I was working with his arm showing him how to lift his arm, I would let him try and then I would lift his arm to show him what it felt like. At first he flickered his fingers, then he slid his arm up, his other arm and I asked him to grab his sleeve and he did! I ran out to the hall as fast as I could and grabbed Norma, she came in and was able to see how hard he was trying and then she saw him pull his arm back up and grab his sleeve! I was ecstatic watching how hard Adam was working today, I am so proud of him, he's amazing. He's getting it, he's so alert and aware of his surroundings... he's doing so great, I am choosing to believe that in 3 weeks Adam is going prove that he is capable of so much more than he is expected by the therapists. He can do this, I believe in him and I know so many of you are praying for Adam’s miracle and I know God is working through all of our prayers.

One thing that has been a huge blessing in this journey is that this journey has brought great new friends in my life. This morning Mackenzie and I met up with some friends at the Durham Farmers market and walked through the street festival, it was so great to be with friends and enjoy the wonderful sunshine. Thank you girls for taking the time to walk in the sunshine with me! Your friendships are such a blessing to me.

Me, Jen, Lisa, and Emily

While hanging out in Adam's room today Mackenzie started getting real creative with some supplies... she was pretending to someone from space and all who were in the room had to participate in the space expedition. It was funny to watch her, she is so wonderfully and hysterically creative.
Mackenzie in her space suit
Alan being a good sport
This is me doing my part to in the space expedition

I am filled with so much joy, the joy of Lord and the joy He provides will continue to be our strength for this journey. I read this today and loved it "Joy is part of the Holy Spirit fruit. Do you have it? If not, you need to know that the power of Jesus Christ’s resurrection is inside of you if you gave your heart to Jesus. God has already offered everything you need to live a life to the max and life from abundance comes trough knowing God (not just knowing something about Him). Get to know Him from the Bible which is His Word and you will have the blessing of His joy in your life regardless of the circumstances around you." Psalm 100: 1&2 "Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs." I continuing to shout for joy and worship The Almighty God for what He has done, what He is doing, and what is yet to come. He is the ultimate healer and He is doing a work in Adam, miracles have already happened... Adam is still here and he is making huge progress... GO ADAM.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

God is good! Rejoicing with you space cadets =)

Anonymous said...

This is thrilling news and proof of the power of prayer. GO ADAM!!!!

Blog Archive