Thursday, September 30, 2010

MARK YOUR CALENDARS

MARK YOUR CALENDARS... OCTOBER 10th 6:30-8:00pm  Night of prayer for Adam's recovery and a time to worship God for all that He has done, is doing and what is yet to come.  This will be held at our church Triangle Community Church 4216 Kildaire Farm Rd, Apex, NC 27539 (click the link for directions).  If you are not in the area please consider joining us by setting this time aside and praying for Adam's recovery from wherever you are.

Adam had a great day today!  This morning in speech therapy he was being fed by the spoon thickened orange juice and for the first time ever we saw him bring his tongue out and lick the side of his mouth!  He also opened and closed his mouth to the spoon for the first time!  If he keeps this up and continues to swallow well he will get to try oatmeal on Monday!!!!  Real food!!!!  I am so incredibly touched by how hard I see Adam work every day, and day after day he keeps pushing himself and making strides to recover... he's amazing!

In physical therapy and occupational therapy this morning they had Adam sitting on the edge of the table in the gym. He was sitting while leaning over and he was uncomfortable, me moved his hand over to try to push up... he's doing it!!!  He's making intentional movements!  He's so strong!

Today was a day that I am rejoicing in.  God's mighty right hand is working in Adam's physical body to restore him and bring healing to Adam's brain.  Psalm 103: 3&4 "who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion" I am believing that God will touch and heal Adam's brain and his physical body much like he healed Adam's spiritual soul when Adam committed his life to Christ.  God washed us clean and forgave us of our sins, he redeems us from the pit (no matter how deep), and he heals disease, I believe God will heal Adam and I am continuing to pray full restoration, full recovery of Adam's physical body. 

I haven't heard yet the results from the culture done on his PICC line.  For now the plan of action is treating this infection that Adam is fighting with a 2 week course of antibiotics.  Please pray that when the antibiotics are completed there is no sign or trace of infection because then Adam will be given medical clearance to be medically airlifted to Boston!  We will find out October 12th if the antibiotics cleared the infection and if they did he will be medically stable to be airlifted by the 14th.  So that's the tentative plan.  I will keep you all posted for the exact date but we won't know until Oct. 12th when that will be.  My really good friend Stacy and I are going to Boston on Sunday and coming back Monday... she is coming with me to help me find an apartment and touring Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital.  So please pray for safe travels and that I will be able to find a place to live.

After lasts night's blog I have continued thinking of all the people that have blessed us and please know we are so incredibly grateful for all of you.  We are so blessed by the body of Christ, and it just continues... this morning several of our closest friends gathered at the hospital and helped come up with and process my "to-do"list.  It was so great to see so many people willing to take a task and run with it and also be able to pull in others... again we are so incredibly blessed by the body of Christ.  My "to-do" is made and I am not overwhelmed one bit... the body of Christ is holding us up and each of you are being used by God as vessels to take care of the details of this move that seem as though they could be overwhelming, but they aren't because is so faithful and He is taking care of the details and continues to provide for us... thank you.  There is so much peace in my heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, this is all such wonderful news. Praying right now!
Diane in Auburn

marilynne christoferson said...

Amy you are my everyday inspiration. I read your blog everyday and praise you for your faith in the Lord. Your love is so inspirational. Your mom just stopped by and showed me how to get intouch with you through this blog.

I work with your mom at the ESC. Your comments and sayings are so much like her. Your smile is over whelming. She showed me how many people read your blog. My goodness your running competion with the Crystal Cathedral.

My prayers are with you and your family stay healthy and have a peaceful move to your new home. It sounds like you have plenty of help and wonderful friends.

Blog Archive