Sunday, September 19, 2010

I Am Adam's Wife!

Quick and short update tonight because I am way behind getting my kiddo into bed... sorry.

Adam was a popular guy today, we had lots of visitors and it was so great!

Adam's nurse Norma worked with Adam consistently all day yesterday and today on following commands. She is an amazing nurse who has years of neuro care experience. She has been a wealth of information teaching me how work with Adam to follow commands. Anyway... this morning Mackenzie and I went to church and I called and talked with Norma when we were on our way back to the hospital. She let me know that after working with showing Adam head nods, she asked him if is wife's name is Penelope and she said it was very subtle, but he nodded no, then she asked if his wife's name was Amy and he nodded yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THAT MAN and I know he loves me!!! God is amazing and His timing is always perfect. We are so blessed to have so many of you praying for us and praying for Adam's FULL recovery! I encourage you, please keep praying.

I am soaking in God's love for me tonight. To see God working in Adam is truly an amazing journey. He is so faithful to His promises and I am trusting in Him that He will continue to be faithful. Trust has always been something I have struggled with, and this journey continues to grow me in the area of surrendering it all and trusting that God is in control and I can rest and trust in His promises. My heart is so full of praise and worship for what He is doing. God is so mighty, mighty to heal. Jeremiah 33:6 (NKJV) "Behold, I will bring it health and healing;"

Tomorrow Adam is being evaluated by Dr. Eg and he will listen to the therapists and nurses recommendations in determining how long we will get to be in the Neuro Care unit, so please pray for wisdom and discernment for those making this decision. Pray the therapists will spend enough time with Adam to see his progress, pray that their eyes are open to what he is capable of and not see his deficits. I know God is in control and His will, will be done.

PS... MY MAN IS AMAZING!!! I am so proud of him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How awesome! I think I may start calling you Penelope though...'cause I'm like that. Hee, Hee.

Love you bunches & I'm praying right along side you!

Amy J

Kathy Spade said...

Amy, I am so excited that Adam was able to nod that you are his wife!! That is really awesome. We continue to pray when God brings your family to mind.. which is often! We miss you and please know we love you. I look forward to the update tonight to hear what the doctors will decide (that is, God will decide)! Have a wonderful day.
Kathy

autumn weikert said...

Halelujah!!!dancing with joy. This is just the beginning of many great things. love you all

Anonymous said...

You kind of look like a Penelope though. Just kidding! Missed you last night. I am praising God for the answered prayers.

Lisa C.

Blog Archive