Wednesday, September 29, 2010

How Great Is Our God

I am continually amazed by God's faithfulness... He is so good.  I think back to a little over a week ago and I had a different facility picked out for Adam... I had been praying for several months that if God didn't want Adam to go to that facility to please open the door to another option.  God didn't just open the door, He opened the floodgates!  We have received so much confirmation that Spaulding is the best place for Adam to recover.  God is so great and so mighty, and I am honored to worship Him.  The lyrics keep running through my head... "How Great Is Our God".  So sing with me, how great is our God!



I haven't heard any more yet on the course of action the doctors will be taking as far as Adam's infection goes.  I am continuing to pray for complete healing, I am praying against sickness, and praying for complete restoration... please pray for healing from the infection.  We are awaiting the PICC line culture results, which should be in by Friday morning as to whether or not the PICC line was the source of infection.  Once the source is identified then the course of action will be planned.  Pray for wisdom and discernment for the doctors as they decide what course of action to take is best.  Right now the game plan is to have Adam on antibiotics for this bacterial infection for 2 weeks unless other symptoms come up or Adam declines (which I am believing he won't).  So the physician assistant today told me that the earliest they would most likely clear Adam to be medically airlifted would be two weeks. (This is good in the sense that it gives me two weeks to get everything sorted out and figured out)

I humbly ask each of you to please pray for mine and Mackenzie's health... Mackenzie has been feeling pretty crumby the last couple of days, I took her to her pediatrician today and she has croup.  Please pray for restoration of her health.  Please pray that God will continue to keep me healthy so I can take care of my family.

We have been so blessed by so many of you and I just want to say thank you.  I am not sure how I will ever truly be able to say thank you to all of you who have blessed us, my heart is filled with so my gratitude.  Leaving this area even for a short while is going to be so tough, you all have been amazing and such a wonderful support.  Our community and the church body here is like nothing I have ever experienced, I am overwhelmed with joy and thanksgiving for each of you.  Thank you.

A special thank you to Economy Exterminators of Apex, NC, thank you so much.  Thank you to our small group and home church Triangle Community Church (In the words of Mary, we have the best small group ever! You guys rock!), thank you Salem Baptist church... so many of you we have never had the privilege to meet and yet your church has been a tremendous support, thank you to our friends and family for your support and prayers, thank you to the NSICU nursing staff... you all continue to amaze me and encourage me, thank you to WakeMed nursing staff and therapy staff.  Thank you Samantha for driving so far just about every day to bring your dog Qui for Adam's pet therapy.  Thank you to Microsoft who has been amazing.  Thank you to all who have sent music, care packages, letters, and postcards our way, this has blessed us so much.   Thank you to Sharon Mackenzie at Spaulding who sees potential in my man and started fighting for him right away!  There are so many people that I want to thank and so many more that I want to include but then this blog post would never end so for now... thank you.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  We love you all and we are praying for God to bless each of you.  Numbers 6:24-26 "The Lord bless you and keep you; The Lord make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace."
(Please know that if I didn't mention you, you are not forgotten... God sees it all and He will repay what I cannot... Adam, Mackenzie, and I have been blessed by each of you so much, thank you)

1 comment:

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

I am praying for you. I'm Temarie's friend and I'm going to see if there's anything I can do for your family. I like to cook and would love to serve you and the Lord. You are a beautiful family and we will pray God's hand of protection upon each of you.

Blog Archive