Friday, September 10, 2010

A Heart of Gratitude

Thank you for your prayers, Adam was more alert today than he has been for the last several days. He had a very relaxing day but was awake for most the day. At one point today all three of us (Mackenzie, Adam, and I) all took a nap in his bed, for all three of us to be cuddling was a tight squeeze, but it was so wonderful... the surprising thing is we all slept. Please continue to pray for Adam's progress and recovery, this is vital right now... Adam needs to progress in order to get to the rehab facility that will best fit his needs. Please pray that Adam will become more alert and aware with every passing moment. Pray for a miracle for Adam, I am believing in a miracle. Psalm 9:23 " 'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes."

A couple of weeks ago I let you all know that I met the critical care nurse that airlifted Adam from his accident to UNC. She came by Adam's room yesterday to check on him and invited Mackenzie and I to see the chopper. She gave Mackenzie and I special pins and a tee-shirt, but the most amazing gift she has given me has been her prayers... she let me know that she prays daily for Adam, what a blessing. I am so grateful to DeAnne for all has done to save Adam. DeAnne has transported Adam twice now as his critical care nurse and to say thank you to her never seems like enough. She is so humble, and extremely respected... several of her colleagues have said to me how amazing she is and how if that was their family member they wouldn't want anyone else, they all said she's the best. I feel so blessed to have been given the opportunity to meet her and thank her.

DeAnne, Mackenzie, and I with Tar Heel 1 (the chopper)
So grateful
Mackenzie sitting in Tar Heel 1

We watched them take off tonight, this was DeAnne and her partner heading out

I am continually blessed by the people that God has chosen to care for Adam. My prayer is that God will bless them for all they do for so many lives. Thank you to all who have been a part of Adam's care at UNC, you all have been amazing and wonderful.

2 comments:

Karie Garner said...

Amy,
I have a new favorite Christian singer (JJ Heller) and she has a beautiful song called "Your Hands" and it made me think of you. I'm going to copy and paste the lyrics below. Enjoy! Your family is constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

Karie Garner

I have unanswered prayers
I have trouble I wish wasn’t there
And I have asked a thousand ways
That you would take my pain away
You would take my pain away

I am trying to understand
How to walk this weary land
Make straight the paths that crooked lie
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine

When my world is shaking, heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave your hands

When you walked upon the earth
You healed the broken, lost and hurt
I know you hate to see me cry
One day you will set all things right
Yeah, one day you will set all things right

When my world is shaking, heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave your hands

Your hands that shaped the world
Are holding me
They hold me still

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy, I have been following your blogs for awhile now. Reluctant to write anything because it is difficult to find the words. I do want you to know I find your journey very inspirational. Your words have made me really think about my life, what I take for granted and how I should treat others, especially my husband. Every morning I read your posting and pray for Adam even though I am not religious. I am so happy you have your faith to get you through these trying times. Keep strong and know that your thoughts are providing inspiration to more than you can imagine.

I am a friend of Shandals in Alaska and would love to send a postcard if I knew the address.

Take care, Robyn

Blog Archive