Monday, September 27, 2010

God Is In Control Of The Details

Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Tonight I am praying that God will continue to bring strength to Adam and uphold Adam with His righteous right hand.  I am also praying for strength for Mackenzie and I as we walk this journey as well.

So last night when I posted that the same bacteria that was in his urine was in his blood... that hasn't been confirmed yet.  I thought it had, but it hadn't, we won't know the bacteria that is in his blood until tomorrow.  So in the mean time Adam's iinfectious disease doctor Dr. Becherer at Wake jumped back on board to assess the scene.  He is thinking this is one of two things... it is either a bladder infection and therefore easily treated or it's ecoli that is potentially still in Adam's system.  To rule out ecoli Dr. Becherer ordered a CT of Adam's stomach and also started him on the same antibiotic he was on before for ecoli.  If his test shows that it's not ecoli and his stomach CT looks good then he will stop the antibiotic for the ecoli and keep him on the antibiotic for the bladder infection and Adam would be fine.  If it shows that this is ecoli it means a trip back to UNC to test the shunt for infection.  I am praying and believing that this is just a bladder infection (which I truly feel that a bladder infection is the cause) and the antibiotics will take their course and all will be well.  Please pray for this infection to clear quickly and for Adam's continued FULL recovery. 

I have not heard anything from my insurance yet about whether or not they approved the program, so please keep praying for the approval to come through.

Tonight I am really trusting that God is in control.  He knows all the details in our lives and He is in control of it all, praise God that I can pray for our circumstances and hand it all over to him knowing that He will take care of the details and all I have to do is trust in him, believe that He is in control, and be obedient to His guidance.  Lord, may I be obedient to your guiding and walk in your ways.  Please help me to trust in you with all my heart and not to lean on my own understanding... Lord, I give it all to you.  Thank you that I am not alone and that you are walking before me.  I adore you and love you.  In Jesus' mighty name I pray, Amen.

1 comment:

Karie Garner said...

Amy,
You are an amazing witness of how the Lord sustains His children. I cannot imagine how hard it is for you to deal with this every single day. I know you are weary and worn out and no human could keep up with all of it without our heavenly father. It is just amazing to me to watch you continue posting and continue praising God and trusting him and leaning on him for everything. You are truly amazing and you have brought so much glory to God through this situation. I am in awe of you and how God is using you. I am praying for all the issues you are dealing with right now and trusting God that all details will be taken care of within His perfect will for your family.

Love, Karie

Blog Archive