Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Giving Thanks and Being Joyful

I have been reflecting today on Adam's care at UNC. We are so blessed to have such an amazing team that works with Adam. The nurses have been amazing and awesome and I owe it all to them for how much I am involved in Adam's care, they have been phenomenal at teaching me and showing me how to do everything... the only thing I don't do is push medications (because legally I can't). I love that I have been the one that can take care of my man, I am glad that it's me who can touch him rather than someone he might not know well.

You have read before how much I love Adam's social worker here at UNC, Jen is truly an amazing rock star for all she does and how much she goes to bat for us! Jen, I cannot thank you enough for all you have done! Adam has been fortunate to have an awesome pharmacist assigned to his case as well, she has been the one who has handled all his medications every time we have been here at UNC and today she spent an hour with me going through all his medications and helping me continue to be the best advocate for Adam, thank you Emily.

The doctors have been great about answering my 1001 questions and taking the time to explain everything to me and respect my involvement in Adam's care. When I have missed rounds because of taking Mackenzie to school the doctors have gone out of their way to come fill me in rounds and address any concerns or questions. Truly we are blessed with top notch care.

As I am giving thanks to God for all the people who have been placed in our journey to take care of Adam, I have been filled with so much joy. This led me to thinking about joy... What is joy? A better question is, "What is the joy of the Lord?" The fuel that drives the engine of our worshipping hearts is the joy of the Lord. Our worshipping hearts keep us focused on the Lord for our fulfillment. As we delight in Him He grows us in grace. This is so much more than simply being religious. This is walking through every moment of every day living for His glory. The joy of the Lord both empowers that process and grows from it. Isaiah 55:12 "You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;" I pray that you all are filled with filled with joy and led in peace.

No comments:

Blog Archive