Monday, September 6, 2010

Every Little Thing Is Gonna Be Alright

Tonight Mackenzie and I were walking through the lobby of the hospital and this guy started to play the piano that was there. Mackenzie and I sat for several minutes and listened to him play. He played Bob Marley's song "Everythings gonna be alright" and as I was listening to him sing and play I felt a whisper... "When you let Me teach you to follow Me... every little thing is gonna be alright... keep walking in My ways." At first I was like "did God really just use Bob Marley's song to speak to me?" But as I as sitting there listening to the lyrics and reflecting on what was whispered to me I couldn't help but have a few tears in my eyes. When God is in control, every little thing is alright... maybe not the way I would want it, but it's alright because we have seen God moving, we have seen daily miracles, and most importantly... we have seen His faithfulness to His promises. Every little thing is gonna be alright and I am excited for what is yet to come.

Adam was more alert today than he was yesterday. He was responding to some commands today. The doctors and nurses agreed that today was to be a day of rest for him so that he can rest up for tomorrow's operation. Please pray for Adam's 12th operation tomorrow. Adam is having his VP Shunt replaced.

Dear God, I humbly approach your throne tonight, praising you for what you have done in our lives and so many others who have been touched my Adam's journey. I am in awe of what you have done and are excited for what is to come. I thank you that you are working in ways that I cannot see. Help me to continue to trust and have faith in what I cannot see. God, I pray for rest tonight for Adam. Lord, I pray for continued strength in Adam's body, I pray that this operation tomorrow will not be a setback, but an obstacle used to propel Adam's recovery forward. I pray over the hands that will be involved on Adam's case tomorrow, may each one of them feel a tangible touch from you as they work on my man who loves you so much. May they leave Adam's case forever changed by your love for them. I boldly ask for a miraculous healing in Adam's brain. I ask for patience in the journey. I ask for a supernatural faith that continues to manifest itself in all who are touched by Adam's journey. Lord, I thank you that you tore the veil so that I can come before you on my knees and approach your throne with confidence... I love you my sweet Jesus. Amen.

Please join me in praying for Adam everyday, but especially tomorrow. Pray also for the doctors, residents, interns, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, nurses, therapists... everyone who is involved in Adam's care. Pray also for those who will become involved in his care along this journey. Thank you all for your prayers and support, we are so truly blessed.

2 comments:

Jewel said...

I am praying today!:) Love you girl!

Rebecca said...

Such a beautiful and powerful prayer. Will be joining you in prayer today, trusting that God is in control. It is evident that you are being strengthened, molded and refined daily- another example of how The Lord is clearly using both you and Adam to evangelize His gospel and bring Him glory and praise.

"fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10 (English Standard Version)

"I have told the glad news of deliverance in the great congregation; behold, I have not restrained my lips, as you know, O LORD. I have not hidden your deliverance within my heart; I have spoken of your faithfulness and your salvation; I have not concealed your steadfast love and your faithfulness from the great congregation. As for you, O LORD, you will not restrain your mercy from me; your steadfast love and your faithfulness will ever preserve me!" Psalm 40:9-11 (English Standard Version)

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (English Standard Version)

Blog Archive