Thursday, September 23, 2010

Being Strengthened By God

I am so proud of my man.  He has worked so hard today.  Adam's day began with speech therapy and Deirdre has been working with Adam on this new treatment.  She places electrodes on Adam's neck and it vibrates his neck to help stimulate swallowing.  Adam has been responding so well to this treatment.  His swallowing has been getting better and with less delays.  Adam was tolerating her session so well that she doubled her time with him this morning.  By the time Adam was done with speech he was exhausted from working so hard they let him get an hour and half break so that he could rest.  He swallowed ice and pudding!  GO ADAM!!!

Adam's day just kept getting better, later when physical therapy and occupational therapy was stretching him out he moved his right hand to the place where they were stretching him!  This is huge because left brain control right side of the body so to see such great movement on the right is incredible.  My man is incredible!  Love him!!!  And it keeps getting better... this afternoon Adam was in his wheelchair and started to make some noises trying to let me know something, once I checked every comfort thing I realized it was that he was uncomfortable and ready to go back to bed.  I grabbed my camera and put it on video and recorded... I asked Adam to give me a thumbs up if he was ready to go back to bed.  At first he lifted his whole hand, and then I told him I just needed his thumb.  He then started shaking his thumb and then it went up!!!!  And I got the whole thing on video, I ran out to the nurses station and showed it to them!!!  We right away got Adam back to bed and he fell asleep right away, he was so tired.  GO ADAM!!!  YOU"RE DOING IT!!!!

Today Adam was visited by two pet therapists who brought in their dogs.  With both visits he moved his hand and stretched out his fingers to pet the dogs.  He loves those pet therapy visits!  I would have to say today was an awesome and exciting day.

I haven't heard anything just yet from the facility that I mentioned last night.  I am trusting that God has plans and I am choosing to wait patiently... I have had to remind myself to wait patiently today.  I am so excited about he potential of this program that I can hardly wait to hear something.  Please continue to pray that Adam will be accepted and that this facility will accept our insurance, then pray that our insurance will approve it.  I am trusting and believing that God is in control, and I can't wait to see the direction he will guide our family in.  I am praying for God to continue to strengthen Adam so that Adam will leap ahead in progressing further in this journey.  I have been praying Colossians 1:10-12 over him today "And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you"  It's amazing to see God strengthen Adam for his tasks at hand.  I am so excited for what God is doing and what is still to come!

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Praise God! Amy, I'm SO excited for you! Adam is doing amazing! Praying lots! Love you!

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful news Amy! So smart of you to start recording some of those accomplishments to document them for the doctors and nurses.

Praying about this facility with you!

Amy J

Justin said...

Glad to hear it. Bringing the camcorder was a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Thumbs up!

Blog Archive