Friday, August 13, 2010

Thankful

I am thankful that with each new day brings a new beginning. I am praising God that today was better than yesterday. Adam spent a good day part of the resting and recovering from yesterday. The doctor ordered a chest xray, and blood work up to see if infection might be the source of Adam's mucus plug from yesterday. The doctor and nurses decided that it was best for Adam to rest today to allow for healing so Adam was on pain meds this morning and this evening to help him rest. For most of the day he was alert and the 3 times he started working on a storm I climbed into bed with him and would start talking with him and he calmed down. I love that he knows me and that he loves me so much.

I have been missing Adam terribly and I am so grateful and blessed to have so many friends who have been here for us and have been such an amazing and wonderful support. I am also thankful for so many amazing brothers and sisters in Christ who have been wonderful encouragers. Thank you all so much.

Today I was reflecting back on this journey and was reading my journal entries and I am so grateful for what God is doing in mine, Adam's, and Mackenzie's lives. He is working in a mighty way and for as much as He has brought us through and has so faithfully continued to provide for us has made me want more of Him. I praise Him for taking care of the details, He is so faithful and I continuing to trust in Him. When I trust completely and whole heartily then there is no worry, no doubt, and no fear... only hope. Thank you God for being my hope, my comfort, my all in all. Hebrews 10:22 & 23 "let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith...Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."

1 comment:

toni said...

Amy: I learned of Adam and the accident several week ago on FB, "A Mother's Love". We have been, and continue to pray for Adams's full recovery, you and Mackenzie, you family and friends and everyone involved in Adams' care. We pray that God will touch Adam with His "Supernatural Healing Power"! I have a 2 yr old, soon to be 3 on 8/25. We just said a simple, sweet, powerful prayer together. I am amazed at your strength and faith! I have learned so much from you! I am in awe everytime I read one of your entries. God Bless and we will continue to keep up with Adam's progress and send up fervent prayers for him. God Bless! Suzzette and Chloe Ghale Louisville, KY

Blog Archive