Monday, August 2, 2010

Taking Refuge In The Lord

Adam had a fairly good day. He stormed a few times this afternoon and was showing signs of pain late this afternoon, but this morning he seemed good. Our mornings together are so special and usually we get to go outside for a bit and just get away from it all. Today I found out that they are restricting Adam's time outside to just a few minutes because his storms are so intense and they are wondering if being outside is too much for him. I tried debating this issue because I feel being able to go outside is so good for him... but I didn't get very far. Please pray that they will be able to see that letting him go outside is not harmful, but good for him.

We have seen so right arm spasms which is a great sign. Since the majority of Adam's injury is on the left side of his brain, the left side controls the right side of his body... so seeing right side movement whether spontaneous or controlled is a good sign. Adam moved his thumb this evening for the nurse which was very exciting! When I left Adam I could tell he was exhausted. He has had a long day. Even though he didn't storm a lot, his storms were intense. He also was being tourchered by his boots... and when I say tourchered, it's the truth. The boots are important and will allow his feet to heal so that one day soon (hopefully) he can once again walk.

My day was extremely emotional... It's August... Adam's accident was in the middle of May and sometimes I find myself still thinking it's May. So today when I was having to go through some things with the social worker it hit me so hard that we are in the month of August. Later this month is our anniversary, and it's just hard thinking about it. Lots of tears.

Without going into too much detail, I have had to apply for legal guardianship for Adam... this has been extremely difficult to process. Today Adam was served papers for that and to watch the officer check off the box that my sweet amazing husband is incompetent was more painful then I could have ever imagined. I struggle with the thought that some judge will be making decisions for our family, I also struggle with the insurance company for the same reason... how can these strangers who have no clue who we are as a family make decisions that will affect our future, how can they make these decisions based off of paper. It doesn't seem fair. Our court date is next week, please be praying for us.

I love the Word of God and holding onto God's Words of love is what gets me through each hour. Today I am holding onto Psalm 9:9-10 "The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you." I am believing and seeing that the Lord is my refuge and I will keep trusting no matter how difficult the road.

No comments:

Blog Archive