Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Reason To Praise

A reason to praise... I love God's word...

1 Chronicles 29:11-13 "Praise be to you, O Lord, God of our father Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, O Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all. Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all. Now, our God, we give you thanks and praise your glorious name."

When I read this passage today, I just wanted to exalt Him, I wanted to fall to knees and bow down in full submission, to the giver of life, the giver of strength. He is so worthy of all my praise, and I am praising Him for changing my life and giving me life.

Today, Susan (PT) and Carolyn (OT) took Adam into the gym to work him out and stretch his muscles. We are seeing improvement with his muscle tone in some muscles and more tone and tightness in other muscles, so Dr. Ng (Adam's doctor) told me he was most likely going to increase his medication, again. Since Adam has been at WakeMed now for a little over 3 weeks it has given the staff plenty of time to get used to Adam and myself. The nurses and staff have been fantastic and have been wonderful about training me along the way. Today I was cleared to get Adam up and ready for his day, including getting him out of bed. I also got cleared on doing Adam's tube feeds and fluid flushes. All this is great because I don't have to wait for a nurse to be available to help assist me or to get Adam what he needs at the right times... I can just do it. I have learned how to do so much and I will continue to learn.

Please continue to pray for Adam's muscle tone and his storms. He had 2 really horrible storms today. The storms are so hard on his body and it usually takes his body quite awhile to recover. Please, please pray for continued, consistent progress. Your prayers are making a difference and God hears you. Please continue to partner with me in prayer for Adam's FULL recovery.

2 comments:

Vicky Scott said...

We know how empowering it can be to be able to help Adam and that you will continue to learn and be of more help to him. Praise be to God that you are willing. You often mention your wedding blog and for many of us who did know know you prior to Adam's accident, I wonder if you might fill us in on life before Adam, how you met, etc. It would give us more understanding of some things you mention... if you feel like it. Praying,

Jody said...

Amy,
I'm sitting here working late because I procrastinated today-oops. Anyway, I've got my music going in this quiet house and I'm listening to 'Never Let Go.' For whatever reason you and Adam immediately came to my mind. Maybe I'm just suppose to remind you that he hasn't and never will let go. Praise our wonderful Father. I'm still claiming Adam's full recovery with you.
J&S

Blog Archive