Friday, August 20, 2010

Price That Has Been Paid

Do you ever have a moment where you are awe struck by the price that was paid for you?

If you witnessed someone sacrificially lay down their life for you would you live differently after that? Would you be more intentional about making the most of every day? Would you look for the good in the situations instead of focusing on what’s missing? Would you forgive easier? What about your life would look different? How would you live day to day knowing that you were here because someone saved you? That someone thought enough about you to lay down their own life for you…

This morning I asked myself every single one of these questions. I asked myself am I living being intentional about living each day to the fullest, focusing on the good, forgiving easier, does my life reflect a significant change… am I living my day saying God, you created this body and all that I am use me for your glory no matter how much it may hurt.

God is the only one who has the answers to these questions… it’s He who will be the judge. After reflecting on these thoughts this morning I was in awe of the price God paid for me. He loved me so much, He gave His one and only son to sacrificially die for my sins so that I can have a personal and intimate relationship with him that will lead to eternal life. I hope every day I am changing and growing, I want to be consumed by the Holy Spirit daily, I don’t want to wake up tomorrow and be the same person I am right now. I want Christ to manifest Himself daily through me. He died so that He can live in me. What a gift, that I am so unworthy of.

This all transpired from me listening to a song with the following verse…

You bought my life with the
Blood that You shed on the cross
When You died for the sins of men
And You let out a cry
Crucified now alive in me

It just really made me think, do I see what Jesus did for me and the price that he paid for me the same way I would if I would have witnessed it. Is my life reflecting a life that has forever been changed and is continuing to change? If not something has to change.

Jeremiah 29:13 “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” We are called to seek Him with ALL our hearts, then and only then can we find Him. I challenge you and I too am being challenged… be intentional in seeking Him. Remember “seek” is a verb. I am praying that my life reflect a life that has forever been changed by the blood that was shed for me.

Adam update: The doctors and therapists have really decided to give Adam the week and weekend off. They want him to rest as much as possible to maximize the healing from his body having rested. He spent all day sleeping, fighting to regain his strength and health. He amazes me how much he endures and perseveres through, what an amazing man he is. I am madly in love with him, today when I was looking in his eyes, I can honestly see how much he loves me.

Please pray for his fever to break and not to return. The antibiotics haven’t been able to help with the fever and so the doctors decided to start a different antibiotic in hopes that it will help with the fever. Adam hasn’t been storming so the fever is not looking like it’s a neurological fever… and with him not feeling well, the doctors just want to make sure that they are getting every source of infection. Pray also for Adam’s rest to bring healing to his body. Thank you all for partnering with me in prayer. God hears you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure that I can answer yes to all of those questions, however, now I feel as if someone poured a bucket of ice cold water on my head and woke me up. I too don't want to wake up tomorrow the same person that I am today.
I will continue to pray for Adam as I do everyday.

Tivian

Mary said...

Dear Lord, please help me to understand wholeheartedly that there is no sacrifice to great that results in bringing a soul into Your Kingdom. Amen

Anonymous said...

Dearest Amy,
How true your thoughts are and what a reminder of Christ's awesome sacrifice for us who are so unworthy! I am reminded of the scripture from Romans 12:1: "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service."
You are a living example of this scripture and I thank God that He has reminded us of this truth through your testimony. May Jesus continue to strengthen and comfort and may His healing touch be upon Adam and it is in His mighty and awesome name we pray,Amen.
Love,
Diane Dupre

Blog Archive