Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Praising God, Even Now

Today God's presence was overwhelming for me. I felt your prayers today. On my way driving to the court hearing for Adam's case I just had such a wonderful time of worship. I knew that this was not going to be easy, but I know God is walking before me and nothing catches him by surprise.

I find it a little disturbing that I was told by the Guardian Ad Litem and by another attorney today that this court hearing was going to be a breeze and easy compared to everything else we have been through. I was appalled. This has been the most difficult part of the journey this far, emotionally speaking. Today solidified too much of what my reality looks like. Watching the judge mark Adam as an incompetent person and then being sworn in as legal guardian was extremely emotional and has been one of the more difficult issues to go through. I miss Adam so much the pain seems unbearable tonight... it's been a weepy day. I love that man so much, that even after a weepy day to walk into his room and to be with him brings so much joy and happiness to my heart, oh how I am madly in love with that man. Still when I see him he makes my stomach flutter... I am so blessed he chose me to be his wife.

I know you all have been praying for me because I have no fear, no doubt, and I am not discouraged. I am upset with the system, and sad because I miss Adam more that I would ever be able communicate... but I know God is in control and I am holding onto the peace that he has given to me this entire journey. I am continuing to wait patiently for Him to work all this out for His good in His timing. In the mean time, I know God knows everything... and I am trusting Him. Psalm 130:5 "I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope." I am so thankful that God's word is alive, it's the Living Word and it's speaking. There have been so many times that I have read a scripture verse a hundred times and then all of the sudden it just pops off the page and it's a "wow" moment... it's in that moment that I know God is writing it on my heart and this makes His word alive. He is alive and he will fix this broken life... I am waiting and my hope is in Him.

Again, I can't tell you all enough how sweet it is to read your letters and postcards. I am so touched. Coming home is the hardest part of my day and what used to be my favorite place is now one of my least favorite places... but when I check the mail and read your encouraging words it makes it a little easier to endure. You all are such a blessing to me and my family, thank you for your faithful prayers.

Today the doctor downsized Adam's trach!!!! This shows great progress and shows that there are no surgical procedures in the future!!! Praise the Lord I am rejoicing in this progress! God is so good! Adam had a significant storm this afternoon and was given pain medicine so therefore he slept the afternoon and evening away. He worked hard today with his boots and stretches and with that storm so he really needed the rest, and I am so grateful he was able to not just rest, but sleep deeply.

This afternoon our good friend Matt stopped by and brought Adam such a neat gift to hang on his wall. Matt has served as a Marine for quite some time and he just returned from Afghanistan a couple of months ago. The flag is from a unit he was with a little while ago. The flag was up while the unit was deployed to Iraq for the families back home. That is why there is a yellow ribbon sewn in to it. The yellow ribbon comes down when the service member comes home. He said he wants to fly it in Adam's room until Adam comes home. What an honor this is. I know Adam would be extremely honored, I know I am.


Tonight I can honestly say I am praising the Lord and I am singing praise because he has been so good to me. Psalm 13:5 & 6 "But I trust in your unfailing love my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me."

2 comments:

Jody said...

What a beautiful gift from your friend. I'm sorry it's been a rough day, but we are rejoicing that Our God will wipe away ALL the tears!
Love,
Jody & Scott

Terada Family said...

Amy,

I am praying for your pain and sadness. You can read about it on the fasting site tomorrow.

I am sorry that we have not sent a postcard yet. I have been extremely busy and Wichita postcards are a little hard to come by (I can't imagine why? :) ). I think I need to go to a specialty Kansas store at the mall! I will try to find one soon.

Love and blessings,
Adrienne

Blog Archive