Thursday, August 12, 2010

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back


It's been a long day and it has been wonderful to see that even in a hard day God's grace is enough. It's all I need. He is all I need.

Adam had a very difficult night last night and day today. It started last night with a severe storm. Nothing seemed to work to get Adam's vitals to come down, his blood pressure was through the roof, his heart rate was extremely high, his respirations were out of control and nothing seemed to calm him down. Finally they took his trach cap out (this is what has been allowing Adam to breath all on his own and work at getting the trach out), the nurse suctioned out his trachea and pulled out a mucus plug that was over a foot long.

So today Adam was kept on oxygen all day. Yesterday I had a conversation with Dr. Ng he was thinking he was going to be able to remove Adam's trach by today or tomorrow, but with this set back it looks like Adam will have to prove he can cough mucus up on his own before the trach is removed. Adam continued to have another storm early this afternoon that lasted over 3 hours before we were able to get Adam to relax.

It's so hard to watch him go through a storm. For the first time I actually saw real tears run down Adam's face, he was in so much pain and anguish. I feel completely helpless. Thankfully I am not completely helpless, God gives me the strength I need to stand for Adam and pray. What a blessing and a privilege it is to not be alone or helpless. That God is always there and listening to the cries of my heart. Psalm 6:9 "The Lord has heard my cry for mercy; the Lord accepts my prayer." Psalm 145:18-19 (NKJV) "The Lord is near to all who call upon Him , to all who call upon Him in truth. He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; he will also hear their cry and will save them." Matthew 21:22 (NKJV) "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." I am continuing to approach the throne of grace with confidence asking God and believing Him for a full recovery and healing of Adam's body. I am believing in a full restoration and beyond.

Please continue to join me in prayer from my sweet husband. Don't give up, don't cease in praying...please. He is such an amazing man. He is truly a gift from above that God chose to give to me and I don't take one minute with him for granted. Please pray, he still needs prayers... this is a long road to recover and we are still in need of miracles. If you are reading this then I challenge you to stop and pray right now... God put this post in your path for a reason, please pray... God is listening and He does hear the cries of our hearts.

3 comments:

Jody said...

Hey girl. I know getting the trach tube out is a big goal for Adam, but don't think of this as 2 steps backwards. Adam wasn't coughing up the mucus - thank God He showed the doctor this issue, otherwise there could have been some major problems down the road (maybe 4 steps backwards?). God's hand is on this solution for sure. Praise You, Heavenly Father, for preventing this issue down the road.

So many more people are still crying out to God for Adam than you realize. Read the comments on your friend, Kathleens', blog today.

In Him,
J&S

Jewel said...

Oh Amy, my heart just hurts for you in your feelings of helplessness. After a not so good morning yesterday God turned my eyes to a particular Psalm after I kept singing that song "I look my eyes into the hills, where my help comes from, my help comes from the Lord, Maker of heaven and earth." Anyway read Psalm 123 and 124. I don't know why trial continue to come, but I do know my God and trust him for you and Adam and MacKenzie:) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Amy,
I've been out of the loop due to traveling but have not stopped thinking about you and praying for Adam. I know it's been up and down, but the Lord works in mysterious ways for sure. You are so faithful and such an inspiration to others with your posts and your positive attitude and faith in God. I know it's wearing on you but you are also becoming stronger in the midst of it. The Lord is working a mighty plan for your life. Is MacKenzie going back to AES? Claire will be excited to see her.

Karie

Blog Archive