Monday, August 23, 2010

Let God Overcome You

It's nice to say that today has been a restful day. Adam has been resting for most of the day to recover from his infections and surgery. He looks good, especially now that I shaved him after 8 days of growth and for those who know Adam can only imagine the beard he had. The doctors are going to be monitoring Adam and treating his infection for the next week. Adam is getting the best care, he's got great doctors and awesome nurses.

Matthew Poole wrote in 1690, "Thou keepest me, as it were, with a strong hand, in thy sight, and under thy power."

Thank you for all your prayers. Today has been a day of worship and praising God for all that He has done for us in this journey and continues to do. He truly is walking before us every step of this journey, sustaining us on this long road, and overcoming us with his power and love.

I am leaving you tonight with this song, if you have never heard it before I encourage you to read the lyrics. And let go so you can let God overcome you.

Overcoming Me By: Kutless

Some say it's crazy
That you'd stay here by my side
I don't want to spend a day
Without you in my life
Maybe I'm a dreamer
And it seems that I'm lost within my mind
Searching for the moment dreams and destiny collide
I just need you to love me

I can't stop you from overcoming me
It's brought me to my knees
I don't want you letting go of me
I'm standing in the pouring rain
I can't believe you'd do the same
I can't stop you from overcoming me

I am not deserving
Of the way you see me in your eyes
You take me for who I am
I guess I wonder why
Maybe reassuring
Is all I can do in the meantime
And none of this can change the fact that lately
I've needed you around
I just need you to love me

I can't stop you from overcoming me
It's brought me to my knees
I don't want you letting go of me
I'm standing in the pouring rain
I can't believe you'd do the same
I can't stop you from overcoming me

I can't stop you from overcoming me
It's brought me to my knees
I don't want you letting go of me
I'm standing in the pouring rain
I can't believe you'd do the same
I can't stop you from overcoming me

No comments:

Blog Archive