Thursday, August 5, 2010

I'm Standing By My Man


Romans 15:4-5 (NKJV) "For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope. Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus." I am so thankful that my hope comes from God, being able to have hope that comes from him has also provided endurence beyond comprehension. Praise God, that He cares enough about us to give us our hope and to be the author of our faith. I love God's word.

Today was an uneventful day, which was a good thing for Adam. He needed a break and some rest. He only stormed one time today! The doctor increased Adam's medications again this last Monday, and today Adam's muscles were noticably easier to move! This is a big awesome deal! His muscles still have a long way to go, so keep praying that they will begin to loosen up more and more on their own so that Adam's medication doesn't have to keep being increased. Our God is bigger!!! I am rejoicing in every step of this journey, and I am so grateful to rejoice in improved muscle tone!

Susan and Carolyn (physical therapy and occupational therapy) got Adam up on the fancy tilt table this morning and stood Adam up again... I love being able to climb on the base of the table and stand next to my man. I started singing to him the old Tammy Wynette song "Stand By Your Man" This song would play every time Adam would call my phone for the last year, this was his ringer. I love being able to stand by my man! I love Adam and I am so proud of him.

Sometimes it's hard to be a woman
Giving all your love to just one man
You'll have bad times
And he'll have good times
Doin things that you don't understand
But if you love him You'll forgive him
Even though he's hard to understand
And if you love him
Oh, be proud of him
Cause after all he's just a man

Stand by your man
Give him two arms to cling to
And something warm to come to
when nights are cold and lonely

Stand by your man
And show the world you love him
Keep giving all the love you can
Stand by your man

Stand by your man
And show the world you love him
Keep giving all the love you can
Stand by your man

2 comments:

Carlee said...

Amy why haven't I see all these awesome pictures of you and your family. I love them. Keep them coming, you're family is beautiful. Thanks for sharing the photos! I hope you're doing okay there lady. In my "interesting" days these days, I keep saying these "amy-isms" they get me through the day, I'm blessed to have talked to you enough to know what you would say to me in these times. Miss you so much! Thanks for the updates, we all appreciate them. Sleep well friend.

Doug Mortensen said...

Amy, as always, I appreciate the updates. Your "Our God is bigger" statement just made me think of this song.

Blog Archive