Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hope

I am so blessed by God's grace that I get to start tonight's blog post with praises... the first praise, the first of 3 C-diff tests came back negative!!! Second praise, despite Adam feeling so crummy in speech therapy he moved his right hand 2 times on command!!! this is truly a result of God working in Adam through all your prayers, thank you for praying for my man!!!

Please keep praying... Adam's fever went back up to 103. His chest x-rays showed a decline since Monday. Adam's pneumonia is in both sides of his lungs, he;s so weak he is unable to cough up his secretions and he's having to be suctioned often. Please keep praying for his health to improve and for his neurological progress to continue.

Adam is starting to look better to me, his coloring is returing to his face and he is making good eye contact with me. The nurse even documented in her notes that he is consistently responding to me and to my voice.

Adam and I had a great prayer time this evening. Tonight we read Psalm 42:8 "By day the Lord directs his love, at night his song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life."

So I happened to turn on the radio this evening at the most amazing sermon that was on hope. Truly God's timing was perfect. In this sermon the pastor quoted a professor at a university in California... "Don't deny the diagnosis, defy the verdict." I immediately wrote it on the white board in Adam's room.

God gives us hope to wait in this season. Hope is keeping the dream of Adam's full recovery alive while we wait. Hope is what gets me out of bed each day. Hope is being confident of better things to come. God reminded me this morning that this season of the journey is the most difficult, He reminded me that there is so much more to come, so much more to rejoice in, the best is yet to be. Despite the difficulty and the sorrow, I am so excited for what God is going to do and what is yet to come. Hebrews 6:19 "We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure."

1 comment:

Lindy said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bg2cJ5bw2k

Blog Archive