Thursday, August 19, 2010

Honored

For the last several days Adam has been on the highest level of precautions, which means I have had to wear a gown and gloves just to enter his room. Today precautions were lifted! I would abide by the rules, but I always took my gloves off so that I could hold his hand and touch his face without a glove (don't worry I scrubbed good)... but I am so thankful that I don't have to do that anymore. Adam didn't sleep well last night so today he spent the entire day resting. He would wake up every so often, but for the most part he just slept... which he so needed to do. He has been running a temperature consistently between 101-103 with Tylenol. So please pray that the fever will break so that he can feel better. While Adam runs fevers none of the therapists work with him... this is to allow maximum rest for healing.

I forgot to mention in my update last night that Adam had a minor surgical procedure yesterday, the doctors thought it would be best to put in a PICC line (peripherally inserted central catheter). I had asked about doing a PICC or central line on Monday because Adam was having to be poked a dozen times in a 24 hour period and most of the time they were unsuccessful at drawing blood or putting in IV's. I am so happy that they decided to do this for Adam, it's nice not to have to watch him in so much pain trying to get a blood sample.

God is using Adam's journey to touch so many lives and I am so honored that God has chosen Adam and I for such an incredible journey, difficult and hard, but wonderful and beautiful too. Psalm 67:1-2 "May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face shine upon us, that your ways may be known on earth, your salvation among all nations." About a week ago I received a phone call from the assistant nursing manager from the Neurosurgery ICU at UNC letting me know the unit would like to present a special blanket to me in honor of Adam. I was so honored. The nurses and management wanted Adam to have what they call a comfort blanket so tonight I went over to UNC and was presented with the blanket.

This is Jamila the Nursing Manager from NSICU at UNC presenting me with the blanket.
This is Dr. Basiouny he was and has been an amazing support to me. This man is the most compassionate doctor I have ever met. I pray this man is blessed by God, because he is certainly a blessing.

I was able to see Jen while I was there too (she's the rock star social worker). It was so good to spend time chatting and having a cup of tea together.

We are so blessed and honored. I continue to pray for those who have taken care of Adam and for those who are taking care of him now. I pray that with every touch to Adam they can feel the presence of God that lives within Adam. Thank you so much for all the hard work you all have done, both at UNC and at WakeMed. We are truly appreciative.


No comments:

Blog Archive