Tuesday, August 17, 2010

God Sustains

I am pleased to report Adam has had a better day today then yesterday. I mentioned yesterday that the doctors started Adam on an antibiotic and that seems to be helping. The doctor seems pretty confident that Adam has pneumonia, we are still waiting the final blood work but they are treating him as if he has pneumonia. He is also being tested for Clostridium Difficile (also known as C-diff), please pray that this test does NOT come back positive... C-diff is extremely painful and can cause more complications. Also pray for Adam to sleep through the night and get some good sleep. He has not been able to sleep more than a couple hours at a time very spread apart. Sleep is going to be vital to his healing.

Isaiah 43:2 "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you."

Please pray for healing over Adam's body from these infections. Please pray that even through these infections we will see Adam progressing forward neurologically speaking. I know God sees Adam's pain and I know He is Adam's comfort. For me seeing Adam in so my physical pain and discomfort and not being able to relieve him of it has been the most difficult part of this journey. I encourage you all to keep earnestly seeking God for Adam's recovery, please keep praying for my husband.

Psalm 119:50 “This is my comfort in my affliction, That Your word has revived me.”

I am so thankful that even though Adam is tired, sick, and having to fight hard every day I am seeing the miracle of God sustaining Adam moment by moment. His grace is enough and He is all we need.

I was given a wonderful gift tonight... my sister Renae called and told me she is flying in on Friday morning! She will be here to help launch Mackenzie into a new school year. I am so excited to see her, tears of joy are in my eyes.

2 comments:

Vicky Scott said...

Amy,
I know you know you are not alone, and we continue to pray and you, Adam, and Mackenzie. So happy that you have loved ones to help you.
May the Lord Bless you and keep you and yours.

Ben and Katie said...

I got your blog address from Kathleen! We were here at the VA when they got here! Another lady commented on mine and she rents out her house to you and she knows a family we know in GA who are also affected by a TBI.
You are not alone! We are almost at a year and have seen GOD WORK MIRACLES in my Ben! It takes time...as I am sure you are finding out! If you need anything or want to email me I am here!
Praying for you! Many blessings!
Katie Rye

katieandbenupdates.blogspot.com
benandkatierye@hotmail.com

Blog Archive