Sunday, August 1, 2010

Embracinig My God Given Roles

This is a family portrait Mackenzie drew back in April of this year just a couple weeks before the accident... precious!

Adam had a pretty okay day today, praise the Lord. He only had one storm and the rest of the day seemed rather content. Thank you all for praying for us, this is the first weekend we have made it through without a significant issue since we have been back to WakeMed! Adam has had no fever!!! In fact his room is kept as cold as a refrigerator it would be hard for his fever to climb ;) Really, when his fever is normal his room temp is kept at 68 degrees and when he runs a temp they lower between 60-64 degrees. Needless to say Mackenzie and I are always bundled and layered when we are with him.

Today while having a conversation with a couple of our friends, I was reminded of how important my God appointed role as wife and a mother truly is. Society is so messed up and places importance on material things instead of what truly matters most, my relationship with my Savior and the roles that God has entrusted me to... a wife and a mother. I cherish both of these roles a great deal.

For those of you who don't know me or know me well, I just became a homemaker full time 2 years ago. Adam has always done a fantastic job at encouraging me in this role and appreciating the role. With in the first couple of months after staying home, he said to me... "when our kids are all grown up and out of the house do you think you could stay at home and just be my wife?" I was so touched by this comment, I feel this is the highest complement Adam could have given me. Mackenzie has recently shared with me that her biggest concern is that I am going to have to get a job, she too values my role. Being at home has allowed me to be at Adam's bedside all day every day and being able to still be there for Mackenzie (a balance I am still working on achieving). I am so blessed and have been... since being blessed enough to be able to stay at home, I have not taken one day for granted knowing how hard working and balancing a home life can be, especially as a single parent.

I loved reflecting on my role, it brought me to my knees in worship, giving thanks for allowing me the privilege of being a wife and a mother. I pray everyday that He will continue to guide me through this season with both Adam and Mackenzie. I am so blessed.

Proverbs 14:1 "The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down."

Proverbs 31:11 & 12 "Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life."

No comments:

Blog Archive