Monday, August 16, 2010

Difficult Day

Adam has had a very difficult day, he needs your prayers so please pray for him. Adam threw up this morning which caused him to aspirate (this means he sucked it into his lungs). This produced a chain reaction in Adam's health... his fever went up, his heart rate has been high, his respiration's are high. The doctors are working to find the cause of all of this so we are still awaiting many test results but we are praising the Lord that his CT scan of the head showed no change so that is a huge sigh of relief. We know it's not neurological, but a physiological issue. The doctors are leaning toward aspirated pneumonia and have already begun antibiotics to try to stay on top of things. I will not be leaving Adam's side, I truly know this is where I need to be.

Please know I am covered with God's peace and His grace has shown to be sufficient for today. He has given me strength that truly is supernatural, and His peace that surpasses understanding. I am leaning on Him for my comfort and strength and will continue to do so. Only He can sustain me and I know He will continue to do so.

I will write more tomorrow, but I just wanted to send out a quick update so you all know how to pray for Adam. Thank you all for your prayers.

3 comments:

Kathy Spade said...

Amy, Thank you for keeping us up to date on Adam's recovery. I have found that reading your blog each day has helped me in my walk with God (and my relationship with my husband). I am praying for Adam's full recovery. Love, Kathy

Julie said...

Continuing to pray!!!

Debbie said...

Hi Amy! I wanted to thank you for being such an amazing, powerful example of a "Titus 2" woman. The Lord will continue to sustain you during this season. He is faithful, and loves you more than words can say.

In Paul's letter to Titus, he stresses the importance of 3 things for married women: dependence on God, understanding the wife's role, and vulnerability within a community of women.

"Teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the Word of God." ~Titus 2:3-5

Ruth Graham (wife of Billy Graham) found the help she needed by turning to God and making "Christ her home, her purpose, her center, her confidant, and her vision." Because she turned to God, "Her happiness and fulfillment did not depend on her circumstances."

~taken from Beautiful Womanhood by Sandy Ralya

Blog Archive