Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Believing In A Better Day Tomorrow

Adrain Rogers, one of my all time favorite preachers I have ever listened to, once said "if you have a bible that's falling apart, you'll have a life that's not." If this is true, then I guess my life is really not falling apart... because my bible has seen way better days... and so have I. Seriously, the whole Torah (the first five books of the Bible) have officially fallen out of the seam as well as the concordance and map sections. I am praying I don't loose the pieces of my Bible.

I love my Bible, so many of you who know me well know how much I love love love my Bible. When I first got saved, it took me forever to find a Bible that I loved to read. Since discovering my Bible I have had an unquenchable hunger to know God's word. Matthew 5:6 is a verse that I love because God promises to satisfy this hunger, He is so good. Anyway, I got to thinking how lucky I am to have all of God's word in my hands. How many people in the world may only have 1 page if any at all? What if all I had was the Torah? Praise God that I have so much more, and so much to be thankful for. Today this is what I am most thankful for, having God's word and being comforted by His words, and His promises. He is it for me, He is all that satisfies, He is the "I am".

Adam has had one of the worst days he has seen in awhile. I watched him storm on and off all day. 3 of these storms have been the worst I have seen. His fever sky rocketed to 103.7, heart rate in the 180's, and his blood pressure was very high. He spent the day packed on ice on and off, pain medicine didn't seem to help, he was just miserable. It was very hard to see how much he had to endure today. It is amazing to see him continue to fight as hard as he is... he is such a fighter and it's his fighting spirit and God using it, that will get him through all of this.

This morning between storms Dierdre (speech therapist) and Carolyn (occupational therapist) worked with Adam separately and both were able to get Adam to wiggle his thumbs!!!! This was not expected at all after Adam having had such a severe storm. GO ADAM!!!!! This afternoon doctor ordered no therapies because Adam's heart rate was too high and his vitals were all over the place. Late this afternoon and early evening he was able to rest.

Tonight he had one more really bad storm, and after about an hour we were able to get him calm and restful. He is resting peacefully as I am typing. I am believing tomorrow to be a better day. I thank God that he sustained Adam and I for today, Psalm 54:4 "Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me." I am so glad that God is Adam's help and He is with him all the time! I praise Him that He never leaves Adam, that He has a plan and a purpose for Adam, He has walked every step of Adam's journey before him... He is worthy of being praised!

I spent a good portion of my day standing at Adam's bedside praying without ceasing... please join me in praying without ceasing for Adam. He still needs prayers. Please send us your postcards so that Adam has a visual of to see how many of you are walking this journey with us, and praying for him. Thank you all so much for praying for him and showing us the body of Christ, you all have been such a wonderful blessing.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I've been praying all day and will continue. Praise God for the finger movement. I didn't expect he would do that after the day he had. Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Amy,
We have never met, and I only know Ben from the track a little bit but want you and Adam to know that there are many people praying for Adam's recovery and for you and your little girl.
Diane

Jewel said...

I'm praying. I also was talking to a girl yesterday and all of a sudden she broke down about feeling very hopeless. I shared yours and Adams story with her and we just sat together and cried together, it was pretty amazing and I just want you to know that despite the hard days you face, you're touching more people on this earth than you'll ever know:) Love ya and I'm signing off to go and pray for your family right now. Stay strong girl! You be strong and couragous.

Blog Archive