Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Another ICU Kind Of Day

Psalm 37:5 "Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass."

Quick update tonight...

Adam had an ICU kind of day. I am going to start with my continued rejoicing in Adam following commands! I am still so thrilled that he has consistently been following commands. I am so proud of him!

Adam was able to rest for a good portion of the day, but he also worked a good portion of the day too. His bed converts into a chair position and he sat up for several hours. Speech therapy came by and rounded on Adam today. She worked with Adam to swallow ice chips. He opened his mouth and received at least one of them, but swallowing is still inconsistent... but he's working on it! I believe in him and one day he will be swallowing consistently to be able to try foods again!

This evening Adam took a little turn... I was bathing him and he started to throw up. The nurse and I worked to get his vitals under control, because his oxygen level dropped and heart rate was all over the place... once we got him comfortable we let him rest to catch his breath we went to finish getting him cleaned up and he started throwing up again. Poor guy. The blessing is because we were right there both times, Adam did not aspirate! We are waiting results to figure out what the cause might be, the doctor ordered an xray, and blood work. If Adam's neurological exams change they will order a CT scan for the morning. So far no change in Adam's exams. Despite how upset his tummy might be, he has still continued to follow commands tonight!

I am so excited to see Adam's progress and to see him following commands. He is working so hard and I could not be more proud! He's such an incredible fighter and his strength continues to amaze me. I know God has Adam in His hands and will continue to carry him through this season. We are committing to the Lord all of this, and trusting in Him... and this too shall pass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen, Amy. I love that you hold onto your faith! Hebrews 10:23 was my verse for today... "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful." GOD IS FAITHFUL!

Bless You!
Colette

Blog Archive