Saturday, July 17, 2010

Storms, Nuerological and Thunder

I love a good storm. I have posted before how amazing and creative God is through a storm. With the rolling boisterous thunder declaring God's power and the quick flashes of light that remind us to be the light unto darkness. Job 26:7-9, 11-14"He spreads out the northern skies over empty space; he suspends the earth over nothing. He wraps up the waters in his clouds, yet the clouds do not burst under their weight. He covers the face of the full moon, spreading his clouds over it. The pillars of the heavens quake, aghast at his rebuke. By his power he churned up the sea.... By his breath the skies become fair.... And these are but the outer fringe of his works; how faint the whisper we hear of him! How then can we understand the thunder of his power?"

So many times Adam and I have sat on our front porch in our rocking chairs watching a storm come through, oh how I love those times and conversations Adam and I have shared on those nights. I cherish each of those storms we shared and I look forward to sitting in our rockers with my incredibly strong man again some day.

Oh how I wish I could be sitting on our front porch with Adam watching the storm that is taking place outside as I type. Instead I have been watching Adam experience his own storms today. He spent most of this morning and afternoon fighting neurological storms. I believe this is his body declaring God's mighty and powerful hand at work in his brain... knitting it back together inch by inch.

Adam spiked another fever of 102 this morning. Which meant another round of all sorts of lab work. Blood draws, urine samples, chest xrays, and more. Because they just discontinued the antibiotics and then the fever came back the doctor tends to believe this is infection trying to declare itself... it could also be a central fever meaning, if there is no increase of white blood cells in his blood culture then the fever could be a result of the damage done to his thalamus and hypothalamus which controls body temperature. So since there is damage done to those areas Adam's brain is working in overdrive trying to control his body temperature. I am praying this is the case and that the blood work will be negative for infection. I should have most of his test results by Monday and will post what they show.

Mackenzie and I have reunited!!!!!!!!!!!! I am pretty sure she grew a foot while she was gone. Mackenzie is needing prayer, she is adjusting back to this crazy new normal for us as well as detoxing (for those of you who know us, you know what this means and you all know how to pray specifically for this).

I am praising God tonight for how faithful He is and how good He is. The storms revealed how mighty and powerful He truly is... He is enough for me.

2 comments:

Christina said...

So so glad MacKenzie is home! Yay! I'll be praying for her. Please tell her that I've been using the singing blessing she taught me with our little one and I like it a lot. :-)
I keep on praying for you and Adam too!
Brooke is a superstar for flying MacKenzie home-such a fabulous sister! Wow!
Hope you can get some really good sleep tonight. With love,
Christina

Jewel said...

Happy Birthday to Mackenzie:) And I'm so happy to hear she's home with you.

That's funny that you chose that picture because last year I wrote a bible study for our womens group and used that same picture. I'm going to send it to you on facebook so watch for it:)

Blog Archive