Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sleepless and Seattle

The last couple of nights I have had a really difficult time sleeping, just missing my man next to me in bed. I lay there for hours dreaming of the day that I will get to feel him next to me, missing him so much that I can't even sleep. Finally this morning after hours of laying there I got sick of it and just got out of bed and decided to go for a walk to talk things over with God. So before the world woke up this morning I walked and walked and walked some more I walked until I had nothing more to vent. I spent the whole time walking, talking and praying to God. And just like He has so many other times He met me right where I was this morning. I will share more later (another day) but for now here is sweet nugget of what God was sharing with me this morning... John 16:33 “These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.” Praise God!

WakeMed here we come!!! Tomorrow Adam is being transferred back to WakeMed Neuro Care Hospital! We are so excited!

While Adam is still progressing and doing fantastic... I do have a serious prayer request... Today he had a surgical follow up CT and the results were not what we expected to hear... the doctors informed me that fluid has started to build up on Adam's left side again. It's not to the point that they are concerned enough to do anything about it right now, but any decline in Adam's progress could mean a trip back to surgery, so PLEASE pray that the fluid will resolve all on it's own and that God will continue to take care of Adam. Please pray.

Today Mackenzie was spending the day with my sister in downtown Seattle... and here is some pictures from their day...


This is Mackenzie waiting to see the world's greatest chiropractor... I miss you Dr. Barrett

Mackenzie at Pike Place Market downtown Seattle


Eating a yummy treat

Pretending to be a Barista

Ending her day at the beach
It's almost like I spent the day with her, it was so nice of my sister to text me so many wonderful pictures of Mackenzie and their day together. I miss her so much, but clearly she is having a wonderful time!

2 comments:

Carlee said...

Oh good, I'm glad she had a good day today! She is growing up so much Amy! She is starting to look more like you, I see a lot of her in you. Mackenzie is in good hands; I will be praying for her while she is over here. Also praying and lifting Adam up and hopeful that God's hands will continue to touch Adam's body. With all that walking I hope you followed it up with a nutritionally balanced meal. Eat girl! you're looking awfully skinny in those recent pics. Don't make me come there and make you dinner and watch you eat it! love love friend.

Anonymous said...

You don't know me, but I work with Renae at WP Coffee and I met Mackenzie yesterday, she is a doll and seemed in very good spirits. It looks like her Aunties take very good care of her! I read your blog and I am praying for both you and Adam. Just wanted send well wishes your way, and remember to take care of yourself too! Michelle

Blog Archive