Thursday, July 15, 2010

Savior's Love

My Savior's Love (I love this hymn)

I stand amazed in the presence
Of Jesus the Nazarene,
And wonder how He could love me,
A sinner, condemned, unclean.

Oh, how marvelous!
Oh, how wonderful!
And my song shall ever be:
Oh, how marvelous!
Oh, how wonderful!
Is my Savior’s love for me!

For me it was in the garden
He prayed: “Not My will, but Thine.”
He had no tears for His own griefs,
But sweat drops of blood for mine.

Oh, how marvelous!
Oh, how wonderful!
And my song shall ever be:
Oh, how marvelous!
Oh, how wonderful!
Is my Savior’s love for me!

In pity angels beheld Him,
And came from the world of light
To comfort Him in the sorrows
He bore for my soul that night.

Oh, how marvelous!
Oh, how wonderful!
And my song shall ever be:
Oh, how marvelous!
Oh, how wonderful!
Is my Savior’s love for me!

He took my sins and my sorrows,
He made them His very own;
He bore the burden to Calv’ry,
And suffered and died alone.

Oh, how marvelous!
Oh, how wonderful!
And my song shall ever be:
Oh, how marvelous!
Oh, how wonderful!
Is my Savior’s love for me!

When with the ransomed in glory
His face I at last shall see,
’Twill be my joy through the ages
To sing of His love for me.


This song has been stuck in my head today, what an awesome and amazing song to be singing over and over throughout the day. God has been so amazing at showing his marvelous and wonderful love for me today. Personal little details and things have happened today where I just know it was God providing for me and taking care of my every need. He truly cares about every little detail. 2 Corinthians 9:8 "And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."

Warning... Long update.

As for Adam's day he had a big day. He officially received his 23 IV and not one nurse was able to get it so they had to call in the anesthesiologist to do it, poor Adam has become a pin cushion, he's been poked way too many times. After a long day of going back and forth with the doctor here, the PA (physician's assistant), and the doctors at UNC... they all finally agreed to do a CT on Adam, just to recheck the fluid situation on the left side of his brain. I will not get the results back until tomorrow, so please pray that the CT looks clean and good.

Because Adam is not out of the woods yet for potentially more surgeries the doctor does not want to downsize or start to close Adam's trach until they know for sure he won't need it anymore. However, the doctor gave the okay to cap it for a couple of hours a day!!! This means they put a cap over the opening and Adam does all the breathing on his own and requires no extra oxygen! Today he was capped for 2 and half hours and he did awesome!

Today speech therapy worked with Adam and gave Adam ice chips... it was the first time since we have been back that Adam swallowed the ice chips! The last couple of days he's been choking on it and it's been going down the wrong tube... but today he chewed and swallowed! Go Adam!

Another "Go Adam" moment came when I was sitting in the chair in his room and all of a sudden he opened his eyes real wide and started to make a moaning noise. I rushed to his side and he was trying so hard to tell me something. I was stressed and almost looked scared. I ran and grabbed the speech therapist and I told her I knew he was trying to tell me something. He kept moaning and staring at me, he tried so hard he broke into a sweat and worked his heart rate into the 120's. Finally I figured it out, he was laying on his left side and he doesn't do well on his left. Once I figured out he was uncomfortable the speech therapist helped me reposition him and he was fine! His heart rate came down, he calmed down and even started to rest again... I love that he tried so hard to tell me. He is amazing!

As for the infection, the other blood test came back negative, however, because he was persistent with a fever the doctor wasn't convinced that Adam wasn't fighting an infection. He said that Adam declared for himself that he was fighting something having had a fever for a couple of days, so they have continued to keep him on antibiotics. I will find out tomorrow how much longer they will be keeping him on the antibiotics... but for now Adam is doing really well and has had no fever in the last 48 hours!

Today's blessing, I was able to take Adam back outside today! I sat outside and read to him, it was wonderful. I love being outside with him... no humming noise from his oxygen, no hospital bed... it's so great to just be with him. I love him so much.

As for Mackenzie... we are counting down the moments till I get to see her. As of right now this moment it is 2,046 minutes and counting. Her birthday is Sunday and I so excited to get her back here before her birthday.

I am so blessed to know my Savior's love for me and also know that he loves Adam and Mackenzie much... He is with them showering His love onto them. I am blessed to know that Adam and Mackenzie also know their Savior's love. We love you Jesus.

No comments:

Blog Archive