Saturday, July 31, 2010

Please Do This For Adam

So I had a thought today and I need all of you to help. I would like a visual to show Adam and also to serve as reminder that we are not in this alone... that all of you have partnered with us in prayer. We have heard of people praying all over the world, and this is way that Adam could see it. Could you please send Adam a postcard of the city that you are living in, please include your name, and if you have a special verse to share with him include that on the postcard (if you city doesn't have a postcard then please get one from the state you are in and write the city on the back). I will be putting this all round Adam's wall in his room. I would love to fill his room with the postcards, so please do this for him... you don't even have to write anything if you don't want to.

Please send your postcards to:
Adam, Amy, & Mackenzie Root
204 Briarcliff St.
Apex, NC 27502

Adam's day has been a pretty relaxing day compared to yesterday. Mackenzie and I strolled Adam outside for only a few minutes before it started to pour down rain... so we sat in the cafeteria instead. Adam is pretty funny with his facial hair... he likes to mix it up by changing styles. Since I have started shaving him after his accident I have not been brave enough to do anything other than shave it all off... but today I left him with a goatee, and for my first time, I don't think it looks bad.

This evening Adam's heart rate started to climb so I climbed into bed with him and I was talking to him, and praying with him and just laying there with him and his heart rate dropped and he seemed to be resting so I carefully climbed out of bed and his heart rate went back up and he opened his eyes and looked right at me, as if to say "where are you going?" So I climbed back into bed talking to him softly and just cuddling and his heart rate came back down again... that was enough proof for me to see that he knew it was me and wanted me to stay there! So I stayed and cuddled with him for quite some time... I love my man!

So ever since the first night of Adam's accident I have had doctors and nurses tell me this is a long journey, this is a marathon... and I have seen that it is going to be a long journey and already has been. I have been really praying that God would continue to our forth his strength for endurance and hope and He so faithfully has each and every hour.

This morning during our quite time with God, God revealed to me that endurance is inspired by hope (1 Thessalonians 1:3), we are called to hope (Ephesians 4:4), when we hope we are waiting patiently (Romans 8:25), and faith and love spring from hope (Colossians 1:5).

Isn't this inspiring to want to hope the way we are called to? When we hope in the way that we have been called it is not a vague feeling that the future will be wonderful and positive, but complete assurance of certain victory through God. This complete certainty is provided by the Holy Spirit who is at work in us. The assurance of victory through Him makes me fall to my knees and praise Him. I love you Lord, and I lift my heart. I will continue to hope, and my hope is in You Lord.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Post Cards from Cali Coming Your Way!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea Amy. I will look forward to seeing the world from Adam's room upon my return.

Love, Mom

Jewel said...

Great idea. We might need to make our own postcard from Stanwood, but it will be in the mail soon:)

Wilderness Outcry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dejah said...

Hi Amy, this is my third or fourth attempt in writing a comment. I hope this one makes it. I just want to tell you how much I loved reading your post, It made my heart smile. I know more good news is on the way and so is a post card from Mount Vernon Washington. I am praying that your day is filled with a special treasure tomorrow.

Charles said...

Amy,
Jamie Dodd told me about this site for Adam. I was the person that you met on July 4th over at your co-workers house. Her name escapes me. But your sister and McKenzie were there. Anyway, reading about your journey I am so happy to see how deep your faith and trust are. I had a few questions about the "storms" that you describe. I mentioned before that I do healing work, hands on work and wanted to offer you my perspective on these storms and some other things. Let me know if you are interested. Even if you are not, God bless you Adam and McKenzie and hold you firm.

blessings,
Charlie

Blog Archive