Sunday, July 25, 2010

Memories... Remembering and Creating

Today my mind has been flooded with so many wonderful memories. These days tend to be more difficult for me and very emotional. I miss Adam so much my heart aches with physical pain. It just hurts. I praise God for all the special and wonderful memories we have and I can't wait to create thousands more, but on days like today... it's just hard. Tears.

Adam was alert for only short periods today and slept the rest of the day. I think he spent the weekend resting up so that tomorrow when therapies restart he'll be ready! I miss him. I love my man so much and I am so incredibly thankful for the man that he is and that God has made him to be. I know God has plans for all of this, and I am holding onto that promise.

I thank you to all of you who have continued to faithfully lift Adam and our family up in prayer. God hears you, please keep praying. Pray specifically for the fluid on the left side of his brain to vanish. Pray for Adam to be more alert and aware. Pray for his muscle tone, this is causing him a lot of discomfort and pain. Pray for the nursing staff that takes care of him. Pray for the therapists. Pray for all of Adam's medications to be figured out. Pray for Mackenzie who has had several really rough days. Thank you all for your prayers. God is so faithful Psalm 36:5 "Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies."

Mackenzie and I were blessed with tickets to go see the play Annie, it was so great to create a memory this summer that was outside the hospital walls. She has been an amazing trooper spending hours and hours at the hospital right by my side. She was blessed with a craft tote filled with lots of arts and crafts and she carries this with her everyday. She has made so many wonderful crafts and created some really beautiful cards. I have been blessed that she has been so wonderfully entertained and doesn't mind the hours at the hospital... but today I could see how special she felt getting to go to a play and break away from the hospital for a bit. We both feel so blessed, thank you so much for all you have done for us... God will repay what we cannot, and I pray He pours forth His blessings on each and everyone of you.

2 comments:

Carlee said...

Today we sang this in church, simple but so meaningful.
"Jesus loves me! This I know,
for the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to him belong;
they are weak, but he is strong."

It holds such good truths. He is strong and he loves you VERY much! Please let us know if there is anything you need or Mackenzie. If you give me some care package ideas, maybe I can put something together!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy ~

I've written before, though we have never met yet. This is Sheri Halberg who goes to your mom's church in Snohomish, WA. I just want you to know that I think about you and Adam a lot ~ and am praying constantly for you. God has put you so often on my heart! Funny how we're all connected in the body of Christ ~ even when we haven't met. I am praying for that miracle for Adam ~ and I KNOW that God can do it!!! Don't give up, sister ...

Lovingly,
Sheri Halberg

Blog Archive